• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pirate's Bay

Would you like to play this?

• Total voters

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
On "That other server" you can see how many crates there is. On SG4 they have about 150 and on other bigger maps they have 250-300. If there is say 75 chests on this map it feels, at least imo, like you should add some more.
With those maps on that server, the map makers have to place around 300 potential chests, but when it's randomized there are a lot less. We take into account how many players there are, 24... we times that to 3, and we've got a decent amount of chests for everyone, but of course there are going to players that get one chest, and players that get 8 or so.

Next weekend I plan to also make a 48-player version. Requiring a podium redo and I'll aim for around 100 chests.

Oblift

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm gonna go on and talk about the size of the map...620x620 is kind of a big map. You have to remember the qualities of good maps, people enjoy playing SG4 and Breeze Island because it is compact; small, but with chests which aren't hard to find. Other than that, the map seem's okay. Good luck!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm gonna go on and talk about the size of the map...620x620 is kind of a big map. You have to remember the qualities of good maps, people enjoy playing SG4 and Breeze Island because it is compact; small, but with chests which aren't hard to find. Other than that, the map seem's okay. Good luck!
1000*1000 = Survival Games 3
640*640 = Pirate's Bay
500*500 = Breeze Island

I think we hit the sweet spot, plus it's not too small as I'm planning to upload a 48 player version.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its a good size, Shaun on Monday when I'm online I wanna look at some things on pirate bay

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Its a good size, Shaun on Monday when I'm online I wanna look at some things on pirate bay
Sorry, server won't be up this weekend and next week, but the weekend after it will. Have you been added to the Skype groups yet? (Wuts yo SkP?)

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry, server won't be up this weekend and next week, but the weekend after it will. Have you been added to the Skype groups yet? (Wuts yo SkP?)
I'm on vacation no Skype but I'm betapuffle.minecraft billabong sent request, how come server wont be up

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm on vacation no Skype but I'm betapuffle.minecraft billabong sent request, how come server wont be up
I do not have access to hosting it at the moment, but I'm sure you'll be able to join in once we've started on the next project. :)

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do not have access to hosting it at the moment, but I'm sure you'll be able to join in once we've started on the next project. :)
With Pirate bay I think some things need fixing ;) I would just like to fix that I recommend releasing a 2.0

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Leik wot? ;c You can point it out now :p
Some of the ships are bleurghhh , I made some schematics of ships the are epic my Team Vareide friend made them, Some of the areas have too much stone and the terraforming is bad in some areas and in others amazing.
Overall I love the Map if this took 2 days I want a map that takes 2 weeks.

Oblift

Experienced
Reaction score
1000*1000 = Survival Games 3
640*640 = Pirate's Bay
500*500 = Breeze Island

I think we hit the sweet spot, plus it's not too small as I'm planning to upload a 48 player version.
Yeah you see, the thing about Breeze Island...I think 75% of the 500x500 is water...so...I WIN OK BYE

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah you see, the thing about Breeze Island...I think 75% of the 500x500 is water...so...I WIN OK BYE
And... SG4 and SG2 are the same size as Breeze Island, including the water.

Some of the ships are bleurghhh , I made some schematics of ships the are epic my Team Vareide friend made them, Some of the areas have too much stone and the terraforming is bad in some areas and in others amazing.
Overall I love the Map if this took 2 days I want a map that takes 2 weeks.
Not my ship? :c Mine is the red-stripped one c: But sure we might fix some parts in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci