• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Personal Review of all MCSG Maps

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all, I'm typing real slow because I had something called paronychia on my left index finger. I had to get it dug open and now it's all bandaged up so that's why I type slow :p

Anyways! My personal review of every map on MCSG. I try to set aside my personal opinions for the maps as much as possible and focus purely on the quality of the map. Enjoy! Feel free to reply with suggestions, disagreements, etc. :)

*As you can probably tell, I go a bit easy on SG1-3 simply because they are the classics.
Survival Games 1: 8.5/10
This is what started it all. As much as some of you may hate it, none of us would be here had this never been built. And while, yes, the gameplay is fairly tedious to most of the people still around today; it definitely deserves its 8.5/10.

Survival Games 2: 8.5/10
A slightly lower score than SG1, reason being that people tend to camp up in the longest buildings, and the majority of the time this is played, the deathmatch is forced by the timer. However, this is once again, one of the classics that simply cannot be given a low grade. The builds are tremendous, and while they might not be much for gameplay, they certainly are a sight to see.

Survival Games 3: 8/10
Would have gotten an 8.5 or 9, but loses points due to its lack of structures. Arguably some of the best terraforming work on MCSG, yet players, once again, tend not to enjoy it due to its size and length of games. The cornucopia is one of my favorites on MCSG, but like I said I try not to take personal opinions into consideration :p

Survival Games 4: 9/10
Considered by many to be the best map on MCSG. Small, compact, easy to navigate, modern-like style, and quick games; it's certainly a jump from SG3.

Survival Games 5: 5/10
Unfortunately, SG5 was a bit of a disappointment. The idea was certainly a good one. For those of you who don't know, it was based off the movie "The Day After Tomorrow." Sadly, it felt lazy, sloppy, and quickly thrown together. It's a snow map with lots of the little layered snow blocks, making it difficult to know where you can place a flint-and-steel. Some of the builds are impressive, like the cargo ship, airplane, and bridge. But the spacing between these builds are far too large. there are areas of the map that are literally just flat snow and ice, no structures in sight. A lot of the buildings aren't even accessible. This was certainly not Vareide's best work.

Well, that's all for today folks! I will be updating this tomorrow definitely, and possibly even later tonight if I feel like it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci