• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Operation Downfall

Should Operation Downfall be Accepted Onto the MCSG Servers?

• Absolutely Yes!

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No Way!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Needs Some Work And Then Yes

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Okay Looks Good

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Omega_Rex

Tribute
Reaction score
Operation Downfall
Created By: razorshark12
Game Type: Survival Games

Download Included in Thread

A Description is Below:
Welcome to my first survival games map, Operation Downfall! This map is based on the events of World War II. The central map is a dense jungle island, surrounded by various large battleships, destroyers, fighters, and bombers. I wanted to emphasize the Pacific battles of WWII, and so I decided that they would make a good starting point for my first survival games map. I made this map for the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII (1945-2015). The map includes the USS West Virginia battleship, USS Fletcher-Class destroyers, B-27 Superfortress bombers, P-38 Lightning and A6M Zero fighters, Type 89 Chi-Ro tanks and Type 95 mortars. These are accompanied by landing crafts, falling bombs, crashed aircraft, mysterious tunnels, and dense jungle. Finally, I would like to thank everyone who offered me feedback for my map, and would appreciate more constructive feedback in case you would like to see some improvements on this map. This was a solo build, and it took approximately 50 hours to complete.

*Note: I am currently working on a v2 of the map, adding more land, and lowering the tree density, as well as some other updates. If you have any feedback, please comment.*

Map Details:
24 player survival games map
225 block radius
152 chests including 120 Tier 1s and 32 Tier 2s

Screenshots (Invictus texture pack):
Sorry, the screenshot of corn won't upload for some reason
Here is a screenshot: http://www.mediafire.com/view/cj637dvugycwqaj/2014-12-21_20.59.04.png
2014-12-21_20.16.14.png
2014-12-21_20.17.39.png
2014-12-21_20.18.22.png
2014-12-21_20.19.06.png
2014-12-21_20.22.57.png
2014-12-21_22.06.01.png

Coordinates:
Cornucopia and Deathmatch: X: -95 Y: 68 Z: -407

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z5528xyw8bpw5le/Operation_Downfall.zip

I,razorshark12, agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time

PS: please change the vines on the bomber over corn into ladders please ;)
Contact me at [email protected] if necessary
Thanks

update 2/3/2015 v2 preview
2015-02-03_16.03.46.png

more islands including a volcano as well as lily pads and I removed the trees to redo those
2015-02-03_16.04.58.png

part of a secret underground base located underneath an old ruin this is the control center
2015-02-03_16.05.14.png

and this is the hangar with jeeps the doors on the sides lead to various other rooms such as barracks, mess hall, storage, jeep construction, and a nuclear research room (pic wont upload)
2015-02-03_16.06.17.png

another image of the new island, repositioned boats, lily pads, etc​

Last edited:

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
Good concept, I don't think a lot of people are gonna like all the water though. Maybe add some more detail and more islands and such then resubmit. :)

Last edited:

TSnipers

Experienced
Reaction score
yeah there is a bit too much water (why don't you add some islands?) and there are far too many trees for having a good pvp :/ maybe you could delete some trees or make them at least higher

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
More detail, make more smaller islands and add some lily pads. Try submitting it then ^_^

Omega_Rex

Tribute
Reaction score
Alright thx guys for the input I'll probably come out with an update in a couple days or so with more land, fewer trees, etc
Never mind the update will be bigger than previously expected and will be released as a v2 in February. This update features more chests, more islands, enlarged islands, more planes, fewer and taller trees, and new underground structures.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I REALLY like this map trust me! But here are some tips:

1. Use/build custom trees instead of default ones..it looks much better!

2. Maybe make 2 or 3 more small islands for a greater land mass for pvp!

3. Maybe use cobblestone from a broken plane as lily pads to go from island to island

4. Since it's called "Operation" Downfall, maybe add a secret underground area where there is a bunch of tech stuff in a wide open area for pvp..with maybe a huge rocket in the middle! (There could be a logo saying "MASA" instead of NASA too :D)

5. Get rid of some trees...there's a bit too many..maybe add places where they are fighting or a above ground control center type of area..

Anyways, good work and I hope to see this map on the servers soon! It's a really great concept.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
The concept is good,the terraforming needs work,needs less trees,some of the builds look good,doesn't seem that good for PvP. That is my opinion on things.

Omega_Rex

Tribute
Reaction score
I REALLY like this map trust me! But here are some tips:

1. Use/build custom trees instead of default ones..it looks much better!

2. Maybe make 2 or 3 more small islands for a greater land mass for pvp!

3. Maybe use cobblestone from a broken plane as lily pads to go from island to island

4. Since it's called "Operation" Downfall, maybe add a secret underground area where there is a bunch of tech stuff in a wide open area for pvp..with maybe a huge rocket in the middle! (There could be a logo saying "MASA" instead of NASA too :D)

5. Get rid of some trees...there's a bit too many..maybe add places where they are fighting or a above ground control center type of area..

Anyways, good work and I hope to see this map on the servers soon! It's a really great concept.
thanks for the feed back everyone i am adding some new screenshots of some of the recent updates to the thread including many of the ideas that you have suggested as i had already begun implementing them into this map enjoy

Ondre

Experienced
Reaction score
I really like these types of maps "Military."

I would suggest adding more islands and structures, since there is a lot of water!

I wish you luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci