• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Operation Clean Sweep!

Frazzli185

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

As many of you know, we’re trying to tackle the hacker issues we have on our servers. As honestly, we have seen an increase in recent months. I personally play regularly and I understand how frustrating hackers are, and I’m going to help everyone out, with the help of our wonderful moderators, and hopefully you guys too! We’ve had past sweeps that were proven very effective for a short time. However the mod that was running them eventually resigned and the sweeps died out. But I want to be able to keep it going. With no faults or breaks in schedule. As admittedly, it needs to be a main focus, and we need to be able to see great results.

This is a way of letting you all know we’re getting things on the go! Lets get rid of these hackers! This project will be underway within the next few days.

Everyone gets involved. Either a Sr mod or Mod will host certain sessions. As there needs to be more sessions than just once a week. It will be done with 3 sessions throughout the week, each for 2 or 3 hours, and extra sessions on weekends as player count increases, during peak time for EU players. (roughly 6pm-7pm UK time.) So if you do find hackers, in these times particularly, do not hesitate to poke a mod who’s on the job. As said previously, we need and want results!

For those wondering about the other networks, don’t worry, we aren't forgetting the US network, as sweeps are being planned for the US network as well. We don’t want a single server being neglected. As well as that there are many other things to come to get rid of hackers, and make a big enough impact to better our in game experience!

However, our mods are there to help! And in order to do this, we want to be able to be there for you guys! We need your help too. If you have your own form of recording software, there is the report abuse section of our forums:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/Report/
This really does help us out, as sometimes there isn't a clear way to get in contact with our mods. So please please please, use it! As there might be little perks for you guys in the future! Also, you are always free to use our teamspeak (ts.mcgamer.in) and poke any mod, when you find hackers.

All information of these sweeps will be stored within a spreadsheet, each session will be tracked and each mod will monitor how many bans they make during those particular sessions. This way we can see which servers need more moderation/less moderation. As well as being able to see if the sweep is making a difference towards the community in general!

Let do this!

AephexHasSweges

Experienced
Reaction score
Don't touch EU for god's sakes. Just go ham banning EU hackers that's the big problem right now. I play US and there are few hackers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci