• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

OMG 400 PING!

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
Sometimes, ISPs (internet service providers) throttle your connection to out-lying servers. It might be the case that during peak times, your Internet provider might be throttling connections, I know that they do this in European countries, however, in the USA, I'm not too sure.

Also, as suggested above and on previous comments, it (the lag) might be because of poor connection between you and your router and perhaps too little bandwidth to support the ever-increasing usage of Internet capable technology in the 21st Century.

I would suggest either of the two, calling up your Internet provider to address the issue to them, buy an Internet plan which provides you more bandwidth (upload and download speed), purchasing a better router or directly connecting your computer to your router through a LAN cable as Wi-Fi is generally less reliable in terms of connection stability.

Hope to have helped. :)

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
(CA is hosted in Virginia)
Thought it was Montreal? Must have changed it.

First and foremost, it is location and distance that change ping. When you are farther away from the server you are connecting to, you will get a higher ping. The closer the better. Try connecting to a server nearest to you. Do a speedtest. It connects usually to the nearest/best ping location. If your ping is high then, it is something usually with your router.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci