• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

OMG 400 PING!

MrGoodBoy10

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok so I've recently haven't been playing mcsg for a bit now because of the incredibly insane ping lag I get on it.The best ping I can get is about 120
And yesterday the whole day my ping was like 400-500!And a few days ago I was playing on battle grounds and my ping was a thousand.What The Heck!
Plz help me by posting tips on reducing server lag not fps lag. Also I have optifine and please do not say things like WTFfast or whatever cause it doesn't work for me.BTW I live I'm honolulu hawaii just in case ur wondering.please help!
#Lowping

iBearHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok so I've recently haven't been playing mcsg for a bit now because of the incredibly insane ping lag I get on it.The best ping I can get is about 120
And yesterday the whole day my ping was like 400-500!And a few days ago I was playing on battle grounds and my ping was a thousand.What The Heck!
Plz help me by posting tips on reducing server lag not fps lag. Also I have optifine and please do not say things like WTFfast or whatever cause it doesn't work for me.BTW I live I'm honolulu hawaii just in case ur wondering.please help!
#Lowping
Either you need to get new internet (Not really an option).
But a way to help to this atrocious issue can be a tough one.
1. Get a Powerline Ethernet adapter. (I use one) Helps a bunch. :D (If your router is on the opposite side of your house, or downstairs.
2. Get a Ethernet cable plugged into your router or computer.
3. Stronger Router? Sometimes when your wirelessly connect to your router, sometimes you might get 2 to 3 bars to your router. Thus giving you bad ping/connection.
4. Google ways to help aswell.
5. Talk to your parents about your issue to get it fixed.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
This should probably go in General Support...

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Thread moved to 'General Support' :)

(Unfortunately I know nothing about this topic, so I cannot help you :( iBearHD 's post might help, though :) )

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
In what region do you live? When I was a beginner, I always hated the lag, until I became decent and realized I was on AU servers. Maybe you're playing on the wrong region? Probably not, but it's worth a try.

AU - Australia - au.mcgamer.net
US - United States - us.mcgamer.net
EU - Europe - eu.mcgamer.net
CA - Canada - ca.mcgamer.net

Ping depends on the distance between you and your server provider.

Reaction score
In what region do you live? When I was a beginner, I always hated the lag, until I became decent and realized I was on AU servers. Maybe you're playing on the wrong region? Probably not, but it's worth a try.

AU - Australia - au.mcgamer.net
US - United States - us.mcgamer.net
EU - Europe - eu.mcgamer.net
CA - Canada - ca.mcgamer.net

Ping depends on the distance between you and your server provider.
Either you need to get new internet (Not really an option).
But a way to help to this atrocious issue can be a tough one.
1. Get a Powerline Ethernet adapter. (I use one) Helps a bunch. :D (If your router is on the opposite side of your house, or downstairs.
2. Get a Ethernet cable plugged into your router or computer.
3. Stronger Router? Sometimes when your wirelessly connect to your router, sometimes you might get 2 to 3 bars to your router. Thus giving you bad ping/connection.
4. Google ways to help aswell.
5. Talk to your parents about your issue to get it fixed.
/ping is not accurate, it just says something that is close to the ping you actually have.
If you are in windows, to check your ping, press the windows button and search "cmd". A black window will pop-up. After that, connect to a hub in MCG (au,ca,us,eu whatever) and write in the black window "ping (region).mcgamer.net" and wait for the results.

Some days my ping goes really high for no reason. Try restarting your router or leave it closed for a bit (1,2 hours) and then open it again. For me it helps ^.^

iBearHD

Platinum
Reaction score
But all in all, It is manly about where you live. People will get better ping determined on their standpoint with the server. Central/Western United States and Canada, get great ping to the US Server. But People more on the East Coast get great ping to the CA server. (US MCSG is located in Arizona) (CA is hosted in Virginia) But what really consists of ping?

A utility to determine whether a specific IP address is accessible. It works by sending a packet to the specified address and waiting for a reply. PING is used primarily to troubleshoot Internetconnections. There are many freeware and sharewarePing utilities available for personal computers.

It is often believed that "Ping" is an abbreviation for Packet InternetGroper, but Ping's author has stated that the names comes from the sound that a sonar makes.
-http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/PING.html

Just troubleshoot your problem with your parents, and of course pm me for further questions you need answered.
(Trust me, I know my ping ;D)

Jayotic

Platinum
Reaction score
I've heard that this has been happening to many other players as well, but surprisingly not me. If this does clear up and you have the same issue try contacting your internet provider, thread lock please duckluv321 .
Have a great day! :D

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hi again!

Lots of people seem to be having this issue lately, which may be an effect of the server migration.

Have you tried any of the solutions listed here? Resetting your DNS, or connecting to one of the alternate IPs might help :)

Casted_Lights

Tribute
Reaction score
Are Asian Servers a lie?
I just see the 'Asia' tab in the 'Servers' tab sometimes, are there really asian servers or have I been told a lie?

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It happens for me too when my internet is being used by a lot of things, if u have sibling using their phones or devices that use your internet that could be the problem,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci