• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff "Ole Mary Todd is calling..."

potato?

• tomato

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • :c

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • ;-;

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Everything we accomplish starts off as a dream. An aspiration. For the longest time, that aspiration of mine was to be a relevant figure on MCGamer/MCSG. I was mesmerized by the intricacy of the clan scene, the honor of being on the staff team, and the friendships and meaning they had to players like me to whom MCGamer was home, these feelings are simply unexplainable to those who have never felt a similar pull to the network and the incredible community we have.

On July 19th, 2014 one of my biggest aspirations was brought to life. This very day, almost 20 months ago, was the day I was accepted as a staff member alongside my close friends and waiting squad members Nephilim, Tryhard_Batman, Ondre and Zyinth | Bilzy, and around two days before this, two friends from my clan Trivium were also accepted on to the staff team (duckluv321 and Groot). Ever since that day I have spent countless hours, and an unmeasurable amount of effort into moderating the network I so loved.

Things haven’t always been easy, giving my commitment to school work and activities, there have been periods of time where I’ve had to take short leaves of absence to catch up with my life, however I always found time for MCSG. In fact, one of those very leaves started up as a simple 5 day break for a school performance I was involved in last month, however it was quickly extended as more and more activities piled upon each other and before I knew it a month had passed. Without even realizing it, I had just spent more time away from MCSG than I had since I started playing. As I looked back, I began to realize that I simply wasn’t driven to perform staff work. As a member of the senior staff team, I always honored the job I had and took it very seriously as it was something I had secretly believed one day I would be able to perform very well, however after this break things began to change. Normally, when I lost motivation, I would look at what my life would be without this incredible place, and realized that I still loved what I did and wouldn’t want to continue without a staff position at MCSG. This time around, however, I assessed many other factors including the many friendships I had made, strengthened, or rekindled over the course of this school year and realized that I did have a social and academic life to sustain me outside of MCSG. Not only is it being busy, but it’s putting quality effort into all I’m doing to maintain solid grades, and continue heading down the path I am for leadership opportunities in my school later on.

I’ve seen countless people come and go from the staff team, and often wondered what drove them to leave. I simply couldn’t fathom why someone would want to leave such a great place unless they were never as enthusiastic about the community in the first place, and one never can really understand something like this until it happens to themself.

As for the rest of the staff team and community, I intend to stay fully involved. I still love MCSG just as much as I always have, I simply need to refocus my time and doing staff work simply isn’t the job for me anymore.

While everything we accomplish starts off as an aspiration, many things we accomplish must also come to an end.

I’d like to personally thank every single person who has played on the server for being part of one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I can officially say that I have lived the dream, with the second highest post count ever on these forums, a position on the senior staff team, friends who I can trust and enjoy being with, friendships with people who at one point were simply role models, and the ability to give back to the server that has meant so much over these last four years.

“I'm doing fine, although I wish there were more hours in the day. It's just so much to do. Time is changing slowly … We still have a long way to go, but hand in hand. I know we'll get there … Hopefully our paths will cross in the future. Until then I remain your friend. Ole Mary Todd is calling, so I guess it must be time for bed." - Major Marquis Warren, The Hateful Eight.

Sebastian

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You were an amazing member of Senior Staff, Ceroria. I will miss seeing you on the staff team! ;-;

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you for everything Ceroria. I love you so much.
Make sure to keep texting and snap chatting me!

Good luck in the future <3

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
You've been here so long and one of the best staff members I've ever seen :c
Good luck in the future ._.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ceroria :'( please where are the cameras!?

You were an amazing member of Senior Staff, Ceroria. I will miss seeing you on the staff team! ;-;
I'll miss doing staff stuff with you too, Sebastian! But we'll still talk because I'm not leaving :D
It's so sad to see you go, but we all have a time. We love you Cerorbae <3
I love you too Jackson! Just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming :kappa:
:c
Thank you for everything Ceroria. I love you so much.
Make sure to keep texting and snap chatting me!

Good luck in the future <3
Yannick you are the best ilysm
verzon kronic was fun with you
#VerzonV2????????? :kappa:
b

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score

I'll miss doing staff stuff with you too, Sebastian! But we'll still talk because I'm not leaving :D

I love you too Jackson! Just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming :kappa:

:c

Yannick you are the best ilysm

#VerzonV2????????? :kappa:

b
I had something to say i just wanted to make sure u saw it on the first page c:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci