• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Old_Spice_ - My story of MCSG

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Helllloooooooooo MCSG!

I thought that I just might as well share my story on MCSG because I'm sort of bored today. :p MCSG is a fantastic place that I will stay on for a long time, I promise you. So without further notice, I will start my story.

April 2012:

April 2012, I believe it was the 23rd, was the day I first started playing Minecraft. I had so much fun on my survival - Building my treehouse in the Jungle (This was on 1.2.4, btw), exploring the desert next to me, and digging into a huge cave system. I had just seen the Hunger Games movie a while ago and was wondering if there were any servers I could join, but I couldn't find any.

June 2012:

This is when I first started playing MCSG. I was playing on my old account, which I eventually switched to this one in November because it revealed my full name, which made me uncomfortable. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. I was a Gold, Diamond, and Iron donator, and in total, I think I donated 100+ dollars to MCSG. :D (You're welcome. :p). However, I did not have very many skills and won about only once every week. I applied for moderator once, but was denied for age. But that did not stop me from playing.

September 2012:

In September came my freshman year in High School, so I had to lay off MCSG for a while. My ranks went away, and I just stopped playing as I had to get some work done. Sure, I came on here and there, but I started to drift off, eventually starting to play some other Minecraft servers. This "break" from MCSG lasted for a while. I missed the releases of maps such as Holiday Resort, SG5, Valleyside University, and more.

October 2012:

I finally bought my second Minecraft account that we all know of today-- The bright red name of Old_Spice_. I still have yet to be back on the servers, however, and I continue my journey elsewhere, until one day.....

April 2013:

One day while I was bored out of my mind when I was on my brand new laptop, I browed around and found MCSG, and recalled that I haven't played this for almost half a year. So I gave it a shot. Saw the new lobby, MCSG version 2.0, and plenty of new maps. Fifteen minutes later, I was an iron donator.

May 2013:

Back as an active MCSG member, I was clocking in a few rounds one day until my old friend Happyhose and had a discussion about moderators. He told me that I should apply, but I turned him down saying that the age limit was 15 and that I was a year short. However, he told me that the age limit was now 14 and that I had a shot at moderator. Without hesitation, I spent the next two hours writing, editing, and perfecting my moderator application. I posted it and waited.

June 2013:

I woke up one morning to find out that slasherxtreme had put my moderator application in the pending stage. I felt like celebrating - I had a shot at moderator! I told all my friends, my family, and I felt as if I was a little bit over-reacting about a game. :D 2 weeks later, krackan accepted my application, and the bright orange Interview prefix was in front of my application. After coming back from my vacation a week later, I was ready. One night, I hopped on Teamspeak and hung out with a few other people with the same interview rank as I had. I was so nervous that I could almost hear every heartbeat thump. I waited, waited, waited. The sun set and at 8:30 one June night, while talking to CAmadeusA, Tal_Pal asked me if I was ready. I got my game face on and entered the chat room, filled with senior staff members, with krackan leading the interview. 10 minutes later I got my moderator rank! People flooded my chat congratulating me and I couldn't help but to celebrate. I was finally a moderator!

Today:

Today, I am still your friendly and powerful moderator. I am going to stay active on these servers, moderating, making this place better, and of course, winning. I love MCSG and I doubt I will be leaving anytime soon, even with school cutting down 2 hours of my time each day, except for my weekends. I look forward to more times with everyone on MCSG! I also want to thanks several friends of mine who have motivated, complemented, and worked with me throughout my carrer as a moderator, including:

- Zietra
- Creepy_Crawler
- Aeruner
- krackan
- JustAHotDog
- Bluedog649
- Happyhose
- subv3rsion
And many more. Thank you all for being my friends on here and making my time on here fantastic!

Future:

For the future, I have many things I want to do in MCSG. I'll just name a few. For example, I am working hard to one day get my Senior Moderator rank, and perhaps one day an Administrator rank. I love working with the senior staff, so it has made made me want to become one. I am also taking Java classes in school, so it would be pretty cool to become a Developer one day. I love being a part of the staff here at MCSG and I am looking forward to all things good that comes to me!

-Your favorite deodorant,
-Spice

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I think you have to learn Java for three years to be considered. But I've heard that Devin was an exception.
To be perfectly honest, the three years thing is just for gathering experienced people. If you actually have the talent as a developer, then we're always looking for more people to help out.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, the three years thing is just for gathering experienced people. If you actually have the talent as a developer, then we're always looking for more people to help out.
Sweet! I'm learning java this year in high school, so maybe if i can take another class or two I could be a developer.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci