• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Old School MCSG (to revive MCSG) MUST READ

Good idea

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
They attempted this with SGClassic in September of 2013. It started off really well, appealed to older players, and it was great. But then the bugs popped up, it was basicly recycled code from an old backup and the more updates there were, the more bugs popped up. With it being low on the priority list, these bugs just piled up until nobody wanted to play anymore, and then they removed it in June 2015 for being below MCG standards.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They attempted this with SGClassic in September of 2013. It started off really well, appealed to older players, and it was great. But then the bugs popped up, it was basicly recycled code from an old backup and the more updates there were, the more bugs popped up. With it being low on the priority list, these bugs just piled up until nobody wanted to play anymore, and then they removed it in June 2015 for being below MCG standards.
Tbh classic was crap because it didnt have enough content. Kind of how runescape classic is crap because of a lack of content.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Tbh classic was crap because it didnt have enough content. Kind of how runescape classic is crap because of a lack of content.
Yes, the dedicated classic players pushed pretty hard for maps like Overgrown Arena and Fortress Pyke. All we ended up getting was SG3 and 4.

Tommy145

Platinum
Reaction score
I am an ex AU player from 2012 who craves nostalgia for the old version of mcsg. Any veteran of this server would know that mcsg was peaked with players in 2013 and 2014. I propose an idea to introduce 'Oldschool MCSG'.

I think this server has made terrible update choices over the years and ask that we get an identical version, if possible of MCSG back in 1.7 days.

If this is convincing to anyone lets take the game Runescape. Runescape is a active game split into two communities, runescape 3 and oldschool runescape. Currently there are more people playing the old 2007 version of runescape by a few thousand with an active playerbase of 500,000 people.

Runescape wouldnt have an extra 500 grand people playing if it wasnt for old school runescape due to a lot of those players quitting because of poor updates.

I can imagine a lot of ex players joining a true oldschool mcsg for a compedative experience or just to have fun.

If somehow a staff member of dev could forward this to chad i would appriciate it. Devs and chad are inactive anyway so this isnt going to mean something.
Yes this would be good

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci