• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No more "Point Snatching"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
Thats the only reason i disconnect
This doesn't seem like a bad idea. I've just hit 1,000 points and to be honest, I'm really nervous about dying now. I don't really wanna be a cheap-o "disconnector" but to be honest it seems like my only option, because every time I die I know I'm going to lose 50 points.

DoctorWho100

Tribute
Reaction score
Well see, when the points get updated, we could make disconnecting while in mid-fight against the rules! I also heard of a plugin that when you leave, you stay for like 10 seconds, and someone can kill you, and when you log on. You still lose points!

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
As much as this current points system has benifet me, I have to agree with you guys to be fair. It is unfair. And I can tell it is unfair because my main account is 69 points but my spare account has 218. I got 218 from killing afk people. One time, a player with 468 points went afk and Instincts told me to kill him. I got 46 points. But, I still have to agree with what is fair and right.
To sum it up, the points system needs a major change.

DoctorWho100

Tribute
Reaction score
carguy8, it's people like you who are the best! I am so glad someone that has a "low" score has said this!

Reaction score
As much as this current points system has benifet me, I have to agree with you guys to be fair. It is unfair. And I can tell it is unfair because my main account is 69 points but my spare account has 218. I got 218 from killing afk people. One time, a player with 468 points went afk and Instincts told me to kill him. I got 46 points. But, I still have to agree with what is fair and right.
To sum it up, the points system needs a major change.
:) Nice to hear this, I'm not the best, but losing a 8 or 9 points when I pass the 300 barrier will be annoying.

Reaction score
Fail, yep. No where near getting into the 300's, just got killed by someone in the mid 70's :p

bigox96

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with this. Although I don't have a very high scores like some here, I still loses a lot of points to those who are below 100 points.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ahoffman1, that is so full of win!

Ok, before you all start screaming "I LOST 50 POITNSTSDGDHSGHDSLYGTUUESDGF!!!", remember that all of the features that we are adding is currently being tested. The point system was designed to be hard to get as we don't want just one person to accumulate a ridiculous sum where its impossible to get. Also in the way future, these points will carry across other "custom" servers that are still on the hush hush. So there will be more ways to get points faster, but at the same time, we want the points to be given to new players as well. So maybe think twice before rushing the middle, or allying with people you don't know.

As for the disconnectors, you will lose points logging off a game in progress soon (also drops your items).

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
ahoffman1, that is so full of win!

Ok, before you all start screaming "I LOST 50 POITNSTSDGDHSGHDSLYGTUUESDGF!!!", remember that all of the features that we are adding is currently being tested. The point system was designed to be hard to get as we don't want just one person to accumulate a ridiculous sum where its impossible to get. Also in the way future, these points will carry across other "custom" servers that are still on the hush hush. So there will be more ways to get points faster, but at the same time, we want the points to be given to new players as well. So maybe think twice before rushing the middle, or allying with people you don't know.

As for the disconnectors, you will lose points logging off a game in progress soon (also drops your items).
Darn! I was just about to say.... "I LOST 50 POITNSTSDGDHSGHDSLYGTUUESDGF!!!" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci