• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Sponsor Item: 1 Stick?

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
I know there have been a few threads about new sponsor items before, but this one is to avoid necros and is to be specifically about 1 item.

Ever been in that situation where you have 2 diamonds nearly the whole game, but have to find a stick? Stick's aren't that rare, but not exactly the most common item either (Raw pork is a common item that is already on the sponsor list).

Yes, sticks can also be obtained by breaking boats, but on some of the maps like Demon's Breeze and Freeze Island, there is little or no water to break a boat in.

Adding sticks to the sponsor menu could have the possibility to be somewhat of a game changer. Situation: There's a team with stone swords and decent armor at corn. You have full iron, but a wood sword and 2 diamonds... but no stick. A friend sponsors you a stick and you are able to take on the team much easier with a diamond sword.

Even if sticks can be somewhat common, and only are sponsored occasionally in times of need, it can't be much worse than raw pork, which is rarely sponsored at all.

While this seems like a good idea to me, I am just one person. How would you like sticks to be added as sponsor item and how would it influence the game if at all?

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I disagree with you if you think that sticks are rare.
2013-05-19_20.12.24.png
I had 15 sticks in this game, and this is before the first refill.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree with you if you think that sticks are rare.
View attachment 9239I had 15 sticks in this game, and this is before the first refill.
Stick's aren't that rare
^

Also, it seems in your screenshot that you are stacked. What if a player who wasn't stacked had 2 diamonds but no sticks from a lack of chests/killing others? A stick could mean the difference from a wood sword and a diamond sword going into deathmatch

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally I agree that a STICK should be a sponsor item for the reason that generally i have the iron and the diamonds but never do i have a stick so I always have to search a lot of tier ones to look for sticks. The stick an be a valuable item that one constantly needs or an item that you have to many and need to use them all up.

Stunt_PIg

Experienced
Reaction score
I think that along with sticks, other small items should be implemented aswell. Just miscellaneous items
I also think that there should be water/lava buckets, but they should cost like 400 - 500 points

BazzBerry

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel like sticks should be a sponsor item. It's a pretty common item, but like you said, uncommon enough that I've found myself in situations where I need one and can't find one for the life of me.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
I think that along with sticks, other small items should be implemented aswell. Just miscellaneous items
I also think that there should be water/lava buckets, but they should cost like 400 - 500 points
No lava/water buckets....

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry but no, I don't think that should be added. Honestly I think that they shouldn't because they can be alittle OP. Like adding a diamond for 2000 points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci