• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New sponsor idea

Note system, good or bad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
A book and quill actually seems like a little bit of a better idea than a note because then you can write stuff down. Though, I feel the note system would be abused if all it would be used for was telling people where others are and where chests are. It just removes the survival games aspect and makes it more cheap. But I wouldn't exactly say telling someone that they were betrayed would be something bad, just telling someone where people are and where chests are would be.
I get that but they aren't going to stay there for too long. People usually don't sit in one spot.

Qwackey

Platinum
Reaction score
I think thats a good idea, but it would take a lot of time and effort to get the plugin working. The Devs are already busy but I think once they get any spare time, it would be a great addition.

It could also improve sportsmanship

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this aswell! It's a great idea but I'm sure the developers are busy ATM, nice idea, hopefully get added

erock12

Tribute
Reaction score
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/optional-bounty-sponsor-messages.91925/

Way to already suggest what I'd suggested months ago in more depth than you did. Way to go for repeatin' my idea. :p
First of all, sorry that I haven't seen this post considering its from 2 months ago, second, the more people give out this idea then eventually the devs will look at the idea and take it into consideration when they have more time. So please don't post negative comments on this forum post.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice idea besides the fact that some people could use this to bully another user.
There would most likely be a way for them to allow mods to see/read a members notes. In my eyes this seems like a good addition, however would it not just create more problems for staff and more reports? After saying this it is possible to block key words and sentences such as names and "Kill [Name] now please!". Overall I agree with this being a good addition, but think it should have a lot of work before it is added.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
100% Agreed. :D

I would make it so that the mods would somehow be able to see everyone's messages, then they could see if someone was abusing of it.
EDIT: Just realized that a couple of people said my idea : /

Also, I think a mod should move this to Feature Suggestions. :)

Foopy

Career
Reaction score
Nice idea besides the fact that some people could use this to bully another user.
But then again, you could just Report Abuse. As simple as a screenshot would be fine.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
But then again, you could just Report Abuse. As simple as a screenshot would be fine.
A lot of people don't realize that even though anyone can report someone for being abusive, a younger, more sensitive person could easily be very hurt if someone gave them a note bypassing the swear filter every 3 words and saying they were going to kill your family. I'm sure lots of players would be hurt by that too. Sure people could do this in lobby, but people usually don't say stuff like that to someone unless provoked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci