• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Nether MCSG [Improved]

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello. If you remember in the past, I posted a map in the style of the nether. It was quite a small map. I ended up making a new one and it is about the size of SG4, if not smaller but not by a lot. I have worked on this map for a while and I think it is quite a good map and better than my previous Nether MCSG map. Please take into consideration the implementation of Nether MCSG into your map selection for the players of The Official MCSG Servers.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i53jg7kyagxaf45

Pictures

http://s1050.beta.photobucket.com/u...-01-19_135449_zps07af23ea.png.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1050.beta.photobucket.com/u...-01-19_135623_zps5377d2ba.png.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1050.beta.photobucket.com/u...-01-19_135809_zps34753637.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Please leave feedback on your opinions of the map. Please do. Thank you.

Goodbye :)

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Still looks rather simple to me and its not my favourite concept in the world.

However keep up the work editing and adding stuff

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
Kinda small from the pictures
Yes... And you know another map that is small? SG4 and it is one of the most over played maps on these MCSG servers... My apologize, but yes... It is decent in size...

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
This map is way too small for 24 people. This is even smaller than breeze. I suggest making it about twice as big. Maybe adding a nether fortress (actual size). Also the spawn looks un-centered from the pictures. Maybe it's the angle, IDK. I like the idea of a nether map though, we haven't got any yet.

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
This map is way too small for 24 people. This is even smaller than breeze. I suggest making it about twice as big. Maybe adding a nether fortress (actual size). Also the spawn looks un-centered from the pictures. Maybe it's the angle, IDK. I like the idea of a nether map though, we haven't got any yet.
I think the reason the map is small is because zi run my Minecraft at 'Tiny' render distance. I can't run it at 'Far' because it lags me. So because I run it at tiny the map looks bigger because I can't see the borders

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
But the radius is 350 blocks... is that not enough? Breeze Island is smaller when measuring how much land there is! There is flat land in Nether MCSG which gives big flat and fair areas for people to fight. There are bumps and slopes which makes the ground not flat and plain but adds some variation in the terrain.

Agameofscones

Tribute
Reaction score
The minimum map size for 24 players is 500 blocks x 500 blocks. Sorry man, not that my maps are 500x500 :p

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
The minimum map size for 24 players is 500 blocks x 500 blocks. Sorry man, not that my maps are 500x500 :p
Alright! So should I make the dome 500? I think I can do some things please hang in there! Thanks for telling me the minimum radias!

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alright! So should I make the dome 500? I think I can do some things please hang in there! Thanks for telling me the minimum radias!
I think you're confused between radius and diameter. Radius = distance from edge to the centre, diameter = distance from edge to opposite edge (ie double the radius). Minimum diameter is supposed to be 500 blocks, but sg4 is somewhat less than this. However, there is no way this map is big enough or anywhere near detailed and varied enough to ever be a map on the servers. Its a PvP map, but certainly not survival games. Looks like a whole lot of random mess with a lot of nether brick, in my opinion. Also, breeze may not have a lot of land laterally, but the altitude differences at least makes it seem like there's more space. An entirely flat map does not feel big, so flat maps need to be quite large, as well as what i said before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci