• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Nerf" donor privs *READ FIRST BEFORE YOU RAGE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYGold

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes I read you post, about how i shouldn't bother suggesting removing donor, but around 40%(No Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom lie) of donor are out right assholes. They will Join(kick someone) then disconnect JUST TO Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom JOIN AGAIN(and in the process kick someone). I don't get kicked often, and im in the lobby to witness these trolls do it. Take kylerrr for example as a troll. Your system makes it so easy for these assholes to mess up THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS game. Im not saying remove the donor privs all together, but make it like you only get ONE guaranteed entry round. This will stop assholes, and help THE MAJORITY be able to play the game.

All Donors ready to rage at me. Come at me

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Depends what you mean. If you mean that donors should only be able to kick people so as to join a lobby once, that makes sense to me and I'd support this. But if you mean by buying donor you only get to kick people once throughout your whole thing, that's stupid and I have no idea why you would even suggest it. I suspect it's the first one because of that.
Now, if that is what you're suggesting, it will remove these trolls pretty much completely. But it would also suck if you crashed and you couldn't get back in the game with your friends already in their. In some cases, it can be really annoying to have this happen.

I think the real problem is just that the cooldown doesn't currently exist because it's either bugged or they decided not to readd it. If it's bugged, hopefully they'll fix it soon and this problem will be solved.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've never understood why donators get privileges. Isn't the point of a donator to donate money, and in return get a good feeling in your tummy knowing that you've helped a cause? It ruins the title of "Donator" when you get something in return.

NYGold

Spectator
Reaction score
Im saying Every round.(As in when the game ends, and the server starts back up) The donor only get a single guaranteed spot for THAT round. when a new round starts you get a single spot for That round.
" If you mean that donors should only be able to kick people so as to join a lobby once, " thats what i mean

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Bring back cool down. To be fair, no one should be forced to play a map that they don't like, so if they want to leave after kicking someone that is perfectly fine. If they leave and join again, the only person they are kicking is the person that just joined when they left. You have to understand that non-donors can also be very rude to donors, just like you seem to be. You don't seem to understand that without donors, you have no where to play. I don't think that there is a problem with joining the same server multiple times when it is in lobby, because you are really only kicking one person who would have played the game. The other few players that were kicked by the donor never would have been able to join the server.

NYGold

Spectator
Reaction score
you're making no sense. Its like saying "HEY COME PLAY ON OUR SERVER!" ,but 80% the time you won't be able to play, because donors will kick you. I don't see whats wrong with my idea. Donors have no reason to disconnect and join fifty-million times. You say that without donors, I would have no where to play,but in reality most of us have no where to play now

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
The servers used to have something called "Donor cooldown" This means that donors couldn't automatically join a full server for the next 2 minutes or something. I wasn't aware that this feature was taken away, as I have not been donor for a few months now, but I do think this should be reimplemented.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
you're making no sense. Its like saying "HEY COME PLAY ON OUR SERVER!" ,but 80% the time you won't be able to play, because donors will kick you. I don't see whats wrong with my idea. Donors have no reason to disconnect and join fifty-million times. You say that without donors, I would have no where to play,but in reality most of us have no where to play now
MCSG is a for profit business, if you aren't giving them money, they don't really care about you. This was said a little harshly, but it is the truth. Donors are more important in their eyes than regular players are, and that is the way it should be. You aren't giving them, so in return you can play if the servers aren't full.

These are busy servers, which make them hard to get into. They also offer quality games, and if you want to play more you can donate.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Donors pay for their perks, and I think they should get their perks. But what I dislike about the system is that people only donate for the ability to kick people out of games and join full servers. Do you think anyone donates because they want to support an amazing chain of servers with amazing people? No. Having these privileges makes people donate for all the wrong reasons. At the end of the day, some people may argue that the reasons for donating are not a problem because they get the money they need regardless.

As shoottomaim mentioned, I don't comprehend the reasoning behind the perks. Is it to attract more donors? Or is it just a brilliantly set-up scam just so they could get more money for themselves? These questions will remain contemplating, though. It's not apparent where that money goes to, anyways. I think donors shouldn't get privileges, but get the proud feeling that they've supported an amazing cause by donating money. At the end of the day, money makes the world go round, I guess....

overthetophd

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with halfsquirrel on this, also a nibble of gumby's. They should bring back cool down for 1 minute, it would offer a wider range for non-donors and disable the troll donors. Also, I know this isn't neary relevant, more likely completely but, it would be cool if the winner of a match would get VIP for the next game. So if someone wins on us29, then they should be able to get VIP for the same server but the next game. It would be good if they were to implement this, it would calm some the the hateful threads for donors. Just a tad of my opinion. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci