• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Name Changes

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Hello guys!

As many of you know, Mojang recently announced information that the name changes will be released soon. Throughout the days since then, there have been many questions on the forums about how these will affect you. I have decided to clear a few points about the name changes up here so that there are less questions and concerns here.

First of all, if you have donor on MCGamer right now, you will continue to have donor if you change your name (until it expires if applicable). Do not worry, the way Minecraft accounts are set up, your account still holds the same ranks and information that it did before.

Additionally, if you or someone else is banned from the server, changing your name will not get you unbanned. Adding onto this, if you break a rule then change your name before the evidence gets to staff, we will be able to find out who you are. This is because, as stated above, Minecraft accounts set up in a unique way. It is set up using a universally unique identifier (UUID), which links everything in your account (including names) together, on every server. More information about UUID's can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...nd-snapshots/381796-name-changing-uuid-thread.

Furthermore, your stats that you have now will not be deleted if you change your name. Everything you own on any server will remain the same. The only thing that will change is your name.

Finally, the question about inappropriate names. If you have been banned or have an alt banned for inappropriate or offensive names, you can dispute your ban when/if you change it. However, anyone who changes their name or continues to use an inappropriate name will be dealt with accordingly, so don't do it.

Anyways, I hope this cleared some stuff up and that we see less threads about this topic in the future. For more information on the name change update, feel free to check out this post on the Mojang website: https://mojang.com/2015/01/announcing-minecraft-name-changes/.
Have a wonderful week!

Last edited:

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
That informed on quite alot!!
Thanks for making this thread, many thanks!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful thread Scott! Perfect for anyone questioning about the new name changes. Good job!

mrpickles

Survivor
Reaction score
hello scott modrater, i hav question about this "name change mincecraft"

can change name to anything??? if i want nam "dave" can have nam dave???

but wat if dont want dave nam but want nam "timothy" or "jim" does work too?

i prefer ched dj reply but if u no answer it ok

thx

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

thx
You can only change your name to something that is not being used by someone else.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score

thx
If you read the thread on the Mojang forums (which was linked in this thread), you can see the answer to that question:
Can I steal somebody’s name? Can I call myself “Dinnerbone” too?
No. There is already somebody called Dinnerbone and names are still unique. You can’t have the same name as another player; they will have to change their name for you to be able to take it. 37 days after they change their name, the old one will become available.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
I think I'll delete "_" from my nickname ;-; It's Exzone_ now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci