• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My thoughts on the survival server

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I played on a really fun server, the name escapes me but I'll tell you what made it fun.

First of all, there was an economy and a mall near the spawn - cool - you could come sell your infinite cobble stacks, your dirt for dirt cheap, and any goods you had to get rid of. These weren't player shops just a big mall with separate shops that would buy or sell things.
So now you had your money.

Second, mining was done in a world on another server? Or perhaps just so far away from spawn no one could get there. You would take a portal there and it was just a free for all, dig dig dig, /home when you're done or /spawn to sell crap. But the kicker to the mining area was that it was reset every week so it was renewed.

Third, there was a pretty good world to build in, you just leave spawn town by about 100 blocks and you could build - but the rules were, no stupid dirt or wood towers and no griefing which was enforced really well. Mods would go fix the dirt towers and people who griefed would get suspended or banned. You could /set home where ever you wanted but you could only get your stuff protected by a mod, and mods wouldn't just protect every 5x5 wood house. Legitimate builds that were going to be frequented.

Lastly, you could protect your chests and doors so people weren't grabbing your stuff. For some reason I think there was a limit on the number of chests but I can't recall. I just remember having this massive house beside a lake on an island, and under the lake with a glass roof.

I think with good moderator support, this server could be similar and pretty cool. Open to criticism and other ideas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci