• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My MCSG Story

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Well as I promised here is my MCSG story. I am by no means a writer but I hope you all enjoy it all the same.

June: I had read the books, seen the film and then the watched the machinima and I became interested more in minecraft multiplayer so I began looking for a minecraft hunger games server. I came across the mcsg servers and I began to play a few games here and there. Sure I was pretty nooby at first but that is expected of anyone who hasn’t played before. I feared the cornucopia as I knew it was a pretty well established slaughter house. I managed to even get my first win not too long after I started playing.

July/August: I joined the forum community and soon became a regular around the forums and on the teamspeak. I also became a well known member of the tekkit community and began coming on the teamspeak server. I became a popular face and was well known among the staff and some of the regulars on the teamspeak. I also had submitted in my moderator application in august as many of the moderators were saying how I would be a great addition to the team.

September: I had my first application declined due to a small lack of detail but this didn't stop me at all as I worked on it when I had chance and resubmitted it. I continued to help within the community and was asked to help do some testing on the tekkit server with Karoleigh and some other well-known tekkit players. This is when I first met Graymayne who became an amazing friend to me and many other members of staff. I also was involved in dealing with a major issue with bigmike4life which actually caused a lot of hassle for me. Afterwards I was thanked personally by the sr. staff for going above and beyond of what was expected from a normal player. Then came the good news, my application had been accepted and I was given the waiting rank. Many members of the staff were ecstatic for me and I was over the moon. I would actually get a chance at the fabled moderator position. My interview was at midnight for me so it was late but it was worth it. PanuterNut was leading my interview with Karoleigh over-seeing the whole thing.It went well and I was given the position and I was poked to death and immediately became part of the family. I got used to the role quickly and became more and better known in the community. I also helped out with some of the minor details on kharmunrah and did a lot of testing for them. This is how I came to be friends with Joshkey who is now one of my greatest friends.

October: This was one of my best memories as I met Dave or for the first time in the tekkit server and I was overjoyed to hear his application had been accepted a few days later. I remember speaking to him before his interview and he was nervous as anyone else would be. He got mod and we began by celebrating on the tekkit server and I began training up the new moderator. It all went well apart from me accidentally placing a piece of bedrock (due to hawkeye) next to someone’s claim.

November/December: I began to increase my list of friends in the community and I began speaking with GibboAssassin more and soon me Dave and GibboAssassin became a close knitted group of friends. Older members of the sr. staff team had left and promotions had previously been given out and new sr mods were needed. Lots of the staff team began to work much harder than they previously had and were trying to outdo many other members of staff. Sr moderator positions were finally announced and Dave and GibboAssassin had been given the positions. I was happy and confused at the same time as the moderator and friend I had trained was now above me on the rank structure and they soon began to hang out together in the sr. staff channels together more and more and I soon felt very secluded and outcast. ChadTheDJ had also given all the current staff a small gift for their hard work.

January: A new year and a new start. MCSG V2 on the way but I still felt isolated and alone but due to some of the sr. staff leaving more sr moderators were needed. We needed one for EU, another for US and another for AU. Soon I felt I would get some recognition. In the end it came between me and Valethar for sr. mod for EU and it became fairly obvious who was going to get it for US. Good old Ratchety slasherxtreme. We were unsure on who would get it for AU. In the end slasherxtreme, Valethar, Le0 and JamesD got the positions and I was happy for them all and yet sad that I didn't get the position. I felt terrible that once again I had been overlooked. At least I had the chance to meet up with Dave and GibboAssassin :)

February/March: Things were going fine then Valethar leaves the community shortly after he gained the position as sr. moderator. MCSG V2 had been released and was in testing and I was coming up to my half year anniversary of being a moderator. More and more moderators were joining the family and I was long over the whole sr. mod issue. I was also having some issues irl and needed to focus on them so I nearly resigned. I had a discussion with the sr. staff who were reluctant to see me go so I was allowed to be on a break while keeping the moderator position.

April: Dave and Antster360 got Admin and GibboAssassin left :( she was a good friend but she wanted to focus on MCTF2. She pointed out the silver lining in the situation to me though. It meant a spot was open for sr. mod and it was no surprise to a lot of people when I finally got the position :D From here on I would be dealing with ban disputes, mod apps interviews and more concerning issues. My issues were pretty much over by this point as well so it was perfect timing I guess to be offered the sr. mod position.

May/June: As our servers had expanded so much we hired in a group of trial sr. mods and so began my teaching once more. With summer coming up our servers were getting busier and I was busy dealing with exams and the high amount of issues I had to solve. It was an enjoyable but tough situation but I made it through.

July- ???: I hit my 1 year anniversary on the forums and so much more of my story is waiting to unfold. Whatever happens from now on I have loved being with this community and I love it so much. I struggle to think what myself and the community would be like right now if our paths had not been intertwined.

I just want to make a shout out to some people that have made my MCSG experience so much more awesome.

Dave : Been a great friend to me for so long now
GibboAssassin : Always has been a lively person who has always been there for me
Bicentennial_Man : A great community manager who has always been there for me no matter what
Aeruner : An awesome guy who helped encourage me to become a moderator
Karoleigh : Was a great role model for me as i saw her watch over the tekkit server and helped me progress to become a moderator
Graymayne : Has always been there for me to speak through many of my issues
guggex8 : Was always someone for me to lookup to and a great friend
Joshkey : He was one of the first people i actually really got to know in the community and it just wouldn't be the same without him.
MyNameIsSaar An old friend who even though we have had our disagreements i will always remember her for who she truly was.
Frondome was a great friend to me and even though we have had our disagreements along the way I still needed to say thanks.
Antster360 he was one of the first people I spoke to in the community and he is still a great friend today.
Sporangia Le0 : some of the first AU friends I made and hold a place in my memory for being such great people.
Creepy_Crawler : At first I had my issues with him but he has really flourished into a great person and a great member of staff.
Valethar We too have had our disagreements but we used to be great friends and deserved a special thanks.
slasherxtreme : Has been a great role model and a great friend throughout. Stay ratchet
KRaidium : A great friend who has been comical and fun for so long <3
c75shooter : Was one of the first people I spoke to on the tekkit server and has remained a great friend today
XaSxLeech : Someone who I got to know over time and even though he was imature from time to time he was still a great friend throughout.
ChadTheDJ : Without him these servers would never have existed and I would have never had this chance.
The community : Without you guys non of this would have ever been possible and I thank you all. There have been ups and downs however we have always rode through it and remained strong.

If I have not mentioned you on the list I may have missed you off but only very specific people who have been there for me have had a place on my list.

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
Awww that was such a nice story. I love these kind of stories!

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Really good story. Congrats for the 1 year anniversary! May there be a second one in your future

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
Such a beautiful story :') remember you're my favourite rainbow in the sky.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Awesome story Kezzer.
Thanks again, without you I probably would have never gotten mod <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci