• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Mcsg "Mentors"

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Hey everyone, NewYorkKid here just thanking a few people for indirectly helping me to become better at the game. These are not all people whom I am friends with, and some of them might not even know me at all, but I figured I'd give them a thanks anyway.

1. OMGjustin - I got a lot of my currently used tactics from him. I used to watch his videos regularly and study some of the things he did, even though he didn't necessarily have the greatest framerate (prior to his computer now), it was still easy to see that he knew what he was doing, and he even made me realize that I don't need to fully charge my bows in order for the shots to be effective.

2. egrodo - I'm not entirely sure if he does or does not have a forum account any longer, but honorable mention to him for showing off the fishing rod tactic in his earlier videos (sometime around November I think) and many more flashy but effective strategies that are still used today, as well as a hit-and-run type fighting style.

3. flohoho - I used to play with this guy a lot, and while we aren't too close anymore, I recall many battles where he would use his overarching knowledge of my weaknesses to beat me. He also taught me to catch opponents off guard, and showed me a lot of extremely useful tactics for moments where your opponent is out-gearing you.

4. SomeMugger - This is a player who has been around since basically the start of Mcsg, and was one of the best players of his time. He showed me early chest routes, and also showed that getting critical hits can really turn the tides in battles. He was also one of the more strategic players I watched. Sadly, I don't think he plays much anymore, if any at all.
I can confirm the fact that SomeMugger no longer plays Minecraft to any extent whatsoever.
Generally nowadays we usually spend our time playing Civilization V or Call of Duty: Black Ops II. In complete honesty, Mugger himself wasn't actually that skilled at direct 1v1's. He was much better at using other means of victory by perhaps using the terrain to his advantage or using another random player as a distraction...
For this I deeply commemorate him simply because you don't see many players these days that are similar to this.

Speaking of which, SomeMugger, in my opinion, is the only person to have ever "used" the fishing rod effectively against me on land. In all honesty, I am quite glad that most players use the fishing rod on land now because 99% of the time, they end up "hitting" me with it which causes them to think they have the advantage somehow when all they are really doing is diverting some of their attention to something useless which in return gives me a slight advantage.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can confirm the fact that SomeMugger no longer plays Minecraft to any extent whatsoever.
Generally nowadays we usually spend our time playing Civilization V or Call of Duty: Black Ops II. In complete honesty, Mugger himself wasn't actually that skilled at direct 1v1's. He was much better at using other means of victory by perhaps using the terrain to his advantage or using another random player as a distraction...
For this I deeply commemorate him simply because you don't see many players these days that are similar to this.

Speaking of which, SomeMugger, in my opinion, is the only person to have ever "used" the fishing rod effectively against me on land. In all honesty, I am quite glad that most players use the fishing rod on land now because 99% of the time, they end up "hitting" me with it which causes them to think they have the advantage somehow when all they are really doing is diverting some of their attention to something useless which in return gives me a slight advantage.
Using terrain to your advantage is extremely effective.. A ton of people complain when I kill them by such as means, complain it wasn't a fair 1v1 or whatever. >.>

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Using terrain to your advantage is extremely effective.. A ton of people complain when I kill them by such as means, complain it wasn't a fair 1v1 or whatever. >.>
I hate it though when you get fall damage because you are higher up and the knockback can be a pain >.>

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
Erm, mhm... Erm...
Myself? A lot of trial and errors, finally finding a tactic of which I like.
If I go into too much details, everyone would hate me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci