• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Idea to prevent hackers

Reaction score
I forgot where I saw this, but here's a little idea.

Forcefielders hit every entity near them, correct? How about place an invisible entity above every player in the games head, if it's hit you get kicked.

Don't know if this would work, but it'd be amazing if it did and could be implemented. c:
If you swung at someone below you and hit that box? wouldn't be annoying?
I think the only real way to deal with it would be to continue recruiting mods and especially active mods, to moderate the servers.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
I forgot where I saw this, but here's a little idea.

Forcefielders hit every entity near them, correct? How about place an invisible entity above every player in the games head, if it's hit you get kicked.

Don't know if this would work, but it'd be amazing if it did and could be implemented. c:
Sounds good on paper, but when you get into implementing this it would be highly difficult :L What if someone is looking up while attacking? Beneath them would be better, but again there is still the possibility that they might hit while looking down... As well as that, it seems a lot of effort, making an invisible entity that mirrors players movements. And lag.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That would indeed work but the plugin would probably have some glitches every now and then so it might kick/ban innocent people. In order to implement a plugin like this the devs will need to be sure that it is always glitch free and have any kind of plugin backing it up. Right now I really think devs should focus on the glitches they have now (such as ghosting) before they can make a plugin like this + there would still be a lot of regen hackers and other hackers left.
I don't think ghosting is a glitch, more of an EU database problem. AU, at least doesn't get it.

I really hope it is solved though c:

Sounds good on paper, but when you get into implementing this it would be highly difficult :L What if someone is looking up while attacking? Beneath them would be better, but again there is still the possibility that they might hit while looking down... As well as that, it seems a lot of effort, making an invisible entity that mirrors players movements. And lag.
Perhaps you would have to hit the box a certain number of times? Or say, hit it 10 times a game for a kick. And say it did work, with no faults I honestly think it would be amazing and lag would be a minor downside.

Anyhow, only a suggestion and if it doesn't work so be it. :p

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I recently started to record every game I play to catch hackers and report them and I play daily, like 2 hours minimum... So staff, keep an eye on the report abuse section because you'll be having a few more reports from now on ;)

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That would indeed work but the plugin would probably have some glitches every now and then so it might kick/ban innocent people. In order to implement a plugin like this the devs will need to be sure that it is always glitch free and have any kind of plugin backing it up. Right now I really think devs should focus on the glitches they have now (such as ghosting) before they can make a plugin like this + there would still be a lot of regen hackers and other hackers left.
I like ur speech m9

VikingVirus

Tribute
Reaction score
Lol, I feel so special. I had 3 mods comment on my thread, and my idol. :) Even though my idea is crap, I still feel special.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
Lol, I feel so special. I had 3 mods comment on my thread, and my idol. :) Even though my idea is crap, I still feel special.
I don't think it's bad, I just don't think it would be possible. Unfortunately, People could still add hacks to the mod with Forge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci