• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Motivational Letter to individuals thinking of becoming a Moderator

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Being a moderator is a tougher job than everybody realizes in many aspects. Aspiring moderators don't quite understand the burden of certain knowledge and in some cases, helplessness; while the community members constantly ridiculing them don't understand that regular moderators have limits and just can't do certain things.

We keep a very careful and strict watch over our moderators to ensure that everyone is doing their job correctly and serving the community in the best way they can, and to make sure that they are effective and mature additions to the team.

On a side note, it's nice to see you back around, Leontin!

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
Being a moderator is a tougher job than everybody realizes in many aspects. Aspiring moderators don't quite understand the burden of certain knowledge and in some cases, helplessness; while the community members constantly ridiculing them don't understand that regular moderators have limits and just can't do certain things.

We keep a very careful and strict watch over our moderators to ensure that everyone is doing their job correctly and serving the community in the best way they can, and to make sure that they are effective and mature additions to the team.

On a side note, it's nice to see you back around, Leontin!
I really do enjoy being on the servers when I can, yet, I really do miss the privilege to be a Moderator. It's sad to see people you knew and "loved" go, but it's bound to happen. Another thing, that I am not so proud of to tell, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to but it's a white lie when I did my interview. I said I was 14 when I was 13, my birthday was in a couple of weeks so I thought it wouldn't be a conflict that would occur, but I do stand for what I've done. To newcomers, please, do yourself a favor, do not lie. It will come out eventually, and it might damage your reputation even more so.

Sincerely yours,
Isac!

Omri

Career
Reaction score
Dear community,
Leontin here,

I resigned a couple months ago and the only reason that I am willing to provide to the public 'or allowed' is that I just had to much things happening in my life which made my job as a Moderator here at MCGamer very hectic and was nearly impossible.

Now, you want to become a Moderator yourself? Great, now prepare for this:
  • Paperwork
  • Following the rules to every little hidden thing, if you do not obey; the demote hammer will strike.
  • Being 'mature'.
  • Nearly perfect English typing and writing skills; This is to be gentle in TeamSpeak when talking to others needing your Moderating abilities. Writing to explain rules and just talk to others, if the other person isn't very good at English you'll need to know how to simplify your sentences to fit the other end.
  • Dedication; If you get as far as becoming a Moderator, you need to at least be on and Moderate the usual procedures everyday (when I was Moderator) for at least an hour.
  • The process of becoming a Moderator include; Application. (Recommended to be very clear and have at least 1800 words. -- Quality always outweighs Quantity) Reviewing you Application, this usually takes some days, maybe even up to a couple of weeks if your application is unclear and many Sr. Mods needs to review it to come up to the final decision on whether you were accepted to the last stage. !The Interview! This took, so long, for me. Approximately a month before I got into a interview chat room with the lovely Sr. Moderators. This is a very hefty task, if you FAIL this interview, you are back to square one. We're sorry, we need to see dedication on our upcoming Mods and this was the best way to see if you fit the roles.
  • And the most annoying thing of this all is that if you ever mess up the simplest and littlest thing you'll be abused by so many community members. They'll spam you with questions that are clearly in the FAQ, a lot of it is just people trying to get answers but it is annoying nonetheless.
You still want to become a Moderator and maybe even further? Marvelous, you'll love the journey, you'll be surrounded by humans you might see as divine, that's at least what I felt, when you become one of these extraordinary people, you've accomplished a goal, a very hard goal. This isn't just a video game server, we are a community made up of amazing people, people you want to meet in person but never get the chance to because good people usually sit in front of the screen nowadays. Not that endorse this behavior or make a statement that no good people are outdoors, this is completely my insane opinion!

Now enough with the chit chat, alright. You've made up your mind, you really really want to transform into this respected individual with a red name?

Go ahead, I won't stop you, no one will, but if you get declined, don't stop! Don't, guess how many times I was declined at the application stage? 13 times. Each one with at least 1800 words, my last one was around 4500 words. So if you get declined but you thought you made the best you could ever do? You didn't, you can't give up, this achievement won't crawl to you, don't be lazy. Fight, fight through every obstacle you face and you will become a very very respectful and respected "thing" that is called a

Suggestions of additions I could add, leave a comment. Thank you.
That's my letter to you guys that really wan't to be a Mod, this has been
Isac, AKA Leontin2012 (Now known as Le0ntin)

Sincerely yours,
A resigned Moderator.
I remember you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci