• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More fun for spectators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
First of all, i didnt really think much about this idea, so if it is incredibly stupid i apologize.
Spectators.
When im in a survival game, i die a lot. Everybody does (with a few exceptions).
What do you do when you die early in a sg? I log off and find another mcsg server that is closer to the deathmatch, as there is no chance i am going to sit in a server for 20 minutes and wait for a winner to be declared.
It seems a lot of people do the same. But if spectating were to be more fun, and i know we can soon place bounties and stuff, more people would stick around to the end to see the final result.
Im talking about parkour and pvp arenas in a place much similar to the lobby, that is a simple /warp away.
If this were the case, then it would be less of a "free for all" when a server resets.
Let me know if you have any questions/concerns in the reply section.
And also notice how i left this idea very vauge. I did this purposely, because i would rather have the team over here decide what will and will not work.
Thanks,
Fioretticam

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There is a post about things to do in the lobby, but I like this idea. It's been suggested before, but blown away by time. I would like to practice my skills while waiting for a game, and a good way of practicing for the newbies. It's sounds fun to me :) And you can place your bounty on someone, then go train a bit, come back for death match, restart game :p

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
Just like that training bit from the real hunger games. I didnt know this was suggested before. Hope it wont be a bother to build all that stuff though.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wouldn't this cause more of a free for all when the server resets, because there has been more players on that server during the deathmatch than what there is now?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Wouldn't this cause more of a free for all when the server resets, because there has been more players on that server during the deathmatch than what there is now?
I don't know what you mean. But if you're saying there will be more people in lobby, then yes because people will want to train.

stevedude777

Spectator
Reaction score
I LOVE the idea! It's much better than my idea of just being able to see other spectators! Hopefully an admin will see this post. Good luck!

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
If this could be brought to the attention of someone who had the authority to get this going, I believe this could work.
People, please ask a mod to view this idea if you see them online, or ask chad or something...I believe that the servers would benefit from this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci