• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

-Moonlight Lake-

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
To be honest, I hate this map.
I have literally 0 ideas of why ANYONE would like it.

Sure, it's got a little creative in the cornucopia region with the parkour lily-pads, but there is nothing else. The cornucopia is a caldera that is so hard to scale it's unfunny. When you get out of the caldera, your left with approximately 4 chests, you got the lava one, the maze one, the meadow one, and the one next to the tree, and maybe a few other ones scattered about. The games are so short, they're shorter than even Gizmo and even then nothing ever happens. All that's happened in the creative department is a massive customary dome, some world edited caldera, and some trees and some punched out rivers.

I DON'T GET WHY IT'S ALWAYS VOTED.
AT LEAST BREEZE HAS CHESTS AND NICE LOOKING STRUCTURES.

Zachary0614

Career
Reaction score
I do think some maps are terrible but there will probably never be a map removal.

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
I personally like Moonlight Lake way more than Breeze. It seems to me that you dislike the map because you don't know where chests are. That is a really bad reason to hate a map. There are so many chests on that map.
I like it more than Breeze because the water battles are not the same. It is not my favorite map. It does not look like a ton of effort was put into it. But I still find it fun to play.

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
I do know where the chests are.
The water battles are exactly the same, just not as long or as deep.

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
I do know where the chests are.
The water battles are exactly the same, just not as long or as deep.
Exactly. You said they were the same but then showed how they are different. Breeze Island water battles can last for so long! These water battles are much shorter. And, there is almost no way to dodge arrows in the short water like you can on Breeze. So on Moonlight, it is actually dangerous for you to be in the water. That is unlike Breeze where the water is very safe.

So the battles are not the same and in my opinion are way better than breeze water battles. But I do agree that the buildings and work put into Breeze are way better than Moonlight. But for gameplay, I choose Moonlight over Breeze.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
If the community likes it, you'll just have to adapt. But, in your case, you may be lucky. I think.

Now, if you came in here saying you hated Breeze Island (which, I'm gonna assume you do, but that's not the map of hatred ATM), I'd make a bunch of points about how it's never getting removed. But, Moonlight Lake I've only played on one time, and I personally didn't care for it.

I think map removal is based on two things:

-If the community doesn't particularly care for it, or it's rarely played. I don't know how often this map is played, but in my eyes the map is almost never picked.

-Old maps may not fit too well. Maybe somebody may look back on it and say, "Wow, that map really sucked! Why'd we even add it?" Well, a more serious way to say this is that, maybe a map that looked cool back when it got added, isn't so fun and really doesn't fit with the game anymore.

The first option is a bit more likely, I don't know. I'm not a map-removal-expert. But, I will tell you this:

If the community likes it, you have to like it too. Cause trust me, you're gonna be playing it for a long time.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with you, OP!

I know where chests are, for the record, they're easy to find. It's just annoying that a map whose only good aspect is a pretty cornucopia that looks extremely ugly from the outside, ends up getting picked over maps that have 100 times more effort, creativity and skill put into them.

Aman4o2

Experienced
Reaction score
To be honest, I hate this map.
I have literally 0 ideas of why ANYONE would like it.

Sure, it's got a little creative in the cornucopia region with the parkour lily-pads, but there is nothing else. The cornucopia is a caldera that is so hard to scale it's unfunny. When you get out of the caldera, your left with approximately 4 chests, you got the lava one, the maze one, the meadow one, and the one next to the tree, and maybe a few other ones scattered about. The games are so short, they're shorter than even Gizmo and even then nothing ever happens. All that's happened in the creative department is a massive customary dome, some world edited caldera, and some trees and some punched out rivers.

I DON'T GET WHY IT'S ALWAYS VOTED.
AT LEAST BREEZE HAS CHESTS AND NICE LOOKING STRUCTURES.
I don't get why it's NOT always voted. It's a good map in my opinion, because there are so many chests, and it is easy to PvP on. I just don't like the Deathmatches. Well, this is my opinion anyways :p

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
Both of the new maps are really ugly, but I like both of them, they're fun.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
Moonlight Lake is loaded with chests and the whole point of the lily-pads are to prevent water battles that happen on breeze or sg1 from happening. If ur on the attack boost off the lily-pads not hard. There is also a chest literally every 10 blocks if u can find them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci