• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moonlight Lake 2

ImCeline

Career
Reaction score
I love how the map turned out to be so popular!
I had fun building it!
Guy really became a closer friend because of this and we really had fun by building it!
I hope it'll get picked!
And not just because I'll get VIP...

Thanks for all the positive posts and all the likes!! <3

Love You All <3

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do like this map much more than moonlight lake 1. But I'm going to give some suggestions coming from a terraformer's perspective to make the map look better.
  1. Space out the trees: I get that you are trying to make a player v.s. player friendly map, but the separation between trees in the majority of areas completely cancels it out. So I recommend removing about 1/4 - 1/2 of the trees in the heavily vegetated areas. This way fighting becomes easy throughout the map.
  2. Smooth the exterior terrain: The stone hills at the edge of the map is the low point for Moonlight lake 2. I recommend that you go around and smooth the rough areas of the edge hills.
  3. Overlay the edge: If you were trying to make some kind of story with stone hills, I didn't get it, and I'm pretty sure the majority of players (I'm talking about non-forum goers) will not know what it is. I recommend you overlay the hills with a depth of 2 (so it still looks relatively rocky) and use grass as your Voxel.
  4. Make the edge look more natural: I just see a bunch of random hills that don't seem to really blend in with the exterior at all. What I would like to see (and other moonlight lake critics) is a more natural looking edge. So it doesn't look like the gamemakers took a flat world and hand made a map, but took a natural moonlight lake, put podiums on it, and slapped a glass forcefield around it, and made it the next hunger games arena.
  5. Deathmatch arena: (This is because I have yet to find a deathmatch arena, so if you have one, disregard this suggestion) We all know that deathmatches in moonlight lake are hell. So why not make a deathmatch arena, it would definitely make the map more fun, because you can actually fight people, instead of chasing them around on lily pads.
I hope these suggestions get implemented, because I feel that these improvements would make moonlight lake one of the better maps on MCSG.

GuyK

District 13
Reaction score
I do like this map much more than moonlight lake 1. But I'm going to give some suggestions to make it look better.
  1. Space out the trees: I get that you are trying to make a player v.s. player friendly map, but the separation between trees in the majority of areas completely cancels it out. So I recommend removing about 1/4 of the trees in the heavily vegetated areas. This way fighting becomes easy throughout the map.
  2. Smooth the exterior terrain: The stone hills at the edge of the map is the low point for Moonlight lake 2. I recommend that you go around and smooth the rough areas of the edge hills.
  3. Overlay the edge: If you were trying to make some kind of story with stone hills, I didn't get it, and I'm pretty sure the majority of players (I'm talking about non-forum goers) will not know what it is. I recommend you overlay the hills with a depth of 2 (so it still looks relatively rocky) and use grass as your Voxel.
  4. Make the edge look more natural: I just see a bunch of random hills that don't seem to really blend in with the exterior at all. What I would like to see (and other moonlight lake critics) is a more natural looking edge. So it doesn't look like the gamemakers took a flat world and hand made a map, but took a natural moonlight lake, put podiums on it, and slapped a glass forcefield around it, and made it the next hunger games arena.
  5. Deathmatch arena: (This is because I have yet to find a deathmatch arena, so if you have one, disregard this suggestion) We all know that deathmatches in moonlight lake are hell. So why not make a deathmatch arena, it would definitely make the map more fun, because you can actually fight people, instead of chasing them around on lily pads.
I hope these suggestions get implemented, because I feel that these improvements would make moonlight lake one of the better maps on MCSG.
I did want the edge of the map to be exactly at the edge/top of the hills,didnt work well :p
But I'll see what I can change to make it a better map :)
No story involved with the hills , just to make it different from the first map and show that this map has the "Wild Side" of Moonlight Lake :)

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
Overlay the edge: If you were trying to make some kind of story with stone hills, I didn't get it, and I'm pretty sure the majority of players (I'm talking about non-forum goers) will not know what it is. I recommend you overlay the hills with a depth of 2 (so it still looks relatively rocky) and use grass as your Voxel.
http://www.hdwallpapersplus.com/mountain-wallpaper-hd.html I am very used to mountains like these where the grass and vegetation stops growing when it starts to get up on a certain hight, so I wanted it to stay that way. Anyway, the other suggestions are actually really good, and a deathmatch arena would be really awesome!

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, I thought I'd give this map a review since I've read through the pages and it seems as though there are those who have downloaded it and there are those who just looked at the screenshots....The screenshots alone can SOMETIMES *just emphasizing the sometimes :3 * be a judge of a map. In this case, the screenshots shouldn't be used as the only way to judge this one since they are taken in an extreme texture pack. Now, before everyone starts yelling "oh, well other people use shaders", shaders is usually in default texture packs so you can at least get a feel of the map. I know that this isn't really an excuse but either aren't the best indicators of maps.
Now, on to the main point that I would like to make: The screenshots so drastically change the appearance that it's somewhat unfair to those who simply don't download it or those who just glance at the screenshot and drool over the texture pack. As you have seen several times on this thread, people continue to ask for the texture pack. This shows that it definitely has an effect on them. This whole thing can better be explained through the comparison of screenshots. Now, this won't show the whole map, so, again, please download it and take a look around.
Please note that if you click the spoiler, I show the map how you would see it in the default texture pack in game.
Also, it is quite a lot to take in but please review it and rethink the reviews about how everyone is "drooling" over the map when in actuality, it's really not even average...It's quite below average.
Compare this one to the first picture on the original post-
2013-07-26_14.34.52.png

Now, this picture shows that part is ok at best. The screenshot on the first page makes it out to be much better than it actually is.

Now, onto the next one, I can't show one for the second picture since that is a rendered pic. But, the third one, here-
2013-07-26_14.38.15.png

Again, this building is only average at best (an that's being optimistic about it).
Fourth pic-
2013-07-26_14.39.14.png

This terraforming is nice but honestly, not the best.
Fifth pic-
2013-07-26_14.39.50.png

This is the pic where you can see a definite difference and it is VERY drastically different. Everything there is very amateur (in my opinion, remember everything I'm saying here is in my opinion).
6th pic-
2013-07-26_14.37.26.png

Honestly, I have no idea what this is.....

Now, I won't continue with copies of the screenshots of the map over the top since my render distance won't allow it :3
Here's a few pics that show how random and poorly built the map is (I know the theme is supposed to be "wild and random" but I think that's just an excuse for putting structures that are sub-par.
2013-07-26_14.35.16.png

2013-07-26_14.35.42.png

Also, signs on the map such as these make it seem VERY unprofessional. Honestly, you should remove them because they deviate from any small piece of a theme that you have (which isn't too much at the moment).
2013-07-26_14.42.46.png

2013-07-26_14.43.22.png

Overall, I would give this map a 2/10 and that's being generous......Please, when responding to this comment, give legitimate answers instead of brushing off the constructive criticism like you have so far.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alright, I thought I'd give this map a review since I've read through the pages and it seems as though there are those who have downloaded it and there are those who just looked at the screenshots....The screenshots alone can SOMETIMES *just emphasizing the sometimes :3 * be a judge of a map. In this case, the screenshots shouldn't be used as the only way to judge this one since they are taken in an extreme texture pack. Now, before everyone starts yelling "oh, well other people use shaders", shaders is usually in default texture packs so you can at least get a feel of the map. I know that this isn't really an excuse but either aren't the best indicators of maps.
Now, on to the main point that I would like to make: The screenshots so drastically change the appearance that it's somewhat unfair to those who simply don't download it or those who just glance at the screenshot and drool over the texture pack. As you have seen several times on this thread, people continue to ask for the texture pack. This shows that it definitely has an effect on them. This whole thing can better be explained through the comparison of screenshots. Now, this won't show the whole map, so, again, please download it and take a look around.
Please note that if you click the spoiler, I show the map how you would see it in the default texture pack in game.
Also, it is quite a lot to take in but please review it and rethink the reviews about how everyone is "drooling" over the map when in actuality, it's really not even average...It's quite below average.
Compare this one to the first picture on the original post- View attachment 11649
Now, this picture shows that part is ok at best. The screenshot on the first page makes it out to be much better than it actually is.

Now, onto the next one, I can't show one for the second picture since that is a rendered pic. But, the third one, here-
View attachment 11650
Again, this building is only average at best (an that's being optimistic about it).
Fourth pic-
View attachment 11651
This terraforming is nice but honestly, not the best.
Fifth pic-
View attachment 11652
This is the pic where you can see a definite difference and it is VERY drastically different. Everything there is very amateur (in my opinion, remember everything I'm saying here is in my opinion).
6th pic-
View attachment 11653
Honestly, I have no idea what this is.....

Now, I won't continue with copies of the screenshots of the map over the top since my render distance won't allow it :3
Here's a few pics that show how random and poorly built the map is (I know the theme is supposed to be "wild and random" but I think that's just an excuse for putting structures that are sub-par.
View attachment 11654

View attachment 11655

Also, signs on the map such as these make it seem VERY unprofessional. Honestly, you should remove them because they deviate from any small piece of a theme that you have (which isn't too much at the moment).
View attachment 11656

View attachment 11657

Overall, I would give this map a 2/10 and that's being generous......Please, when responding to this comment, give legitimate answers instead of brushing off the constructive criticism like you have so far.
Well Moonlight Lake 1 proved that a map doesn't need to have extraordinary builds or superb terraforming in order to be popular. The unique part of Moonlight Lake 1 was the actual bloodbath at corn, the quickness of games, and the "nowhere to run" aspect. As the successor to Moonlight Lake 1, Moonlight Lake 2 is supposed to continue the trend. Although I haven't played any games on it, I have downloaded the map. From my observations, Moonlight Lake 2 will continue the trend of epic gameplay.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Well Moonlight Lake 1 proved that a map doesn't need to have extraordinary builds or superb terraforming in order to be popular. The unique part of Moonlight Lake 1 was the actual bloodbath at corn, the quickness of games, and the "nowhere to run" aspect. As the successor to Moonlight Lake 1, Moonlight Lake 2 is supposed to continue the trend. Although I haven't played any games on it, I have downloaded the map. From my observations, Moonlight Lake 2 will continue the trend of epic gameplay.

Yet, that's the reason their considering removing Moonlight Lake 1....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci