• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mojang Security News: April 8, 2014

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe your only course of action would be to contact Mojang's support network. If you can confirm that you are the owner of the account, then they should be able to manually change any information you request.
omg NO the email I need to verify with is unobtainable since we changed email... please someone help! Is there anyway I can change the email?
same problem.
TotallyIsSimo and norverified I too had the same problem. Fill out This form, Mojang will contact you from there (Make sure you have ALL the correct information! Tip: When filling out the message section, provide as much detail as possible. Try and give things like the time of day you purchased your account, the purchase ID, date of purchase etc.)

Good luck!

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you very much, wouldn't have found out otherwise!

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Good thing I haven't played today oryesterday

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, I doubt any minecraft accounts will be threatened to get stolen (besides big names like CaptainSparklez).

The thing with Heartbleed is that it's mostly focused on bank accounts, BTC, and PayPal.

I wouldn't be too worried if you're just an average user, however if you have a very high profile bank account with a handsome amount of wealth in it, I would change your passwords.

It also focuses on messages sent in the deep web. Business information and critical government information. The crime of stealing documents about tesla production.. god I wonder how fast you'd be put on death row.

Another thing to keep note of, this heartbleed bug has been around for a while, and it just got fixed yesterday. However, keep in mind some web services can still be using an old version of OpenSSL... I'd recommend you keep a different password for different services. Rest assured, most surface web services should be upgraded.
Col_StaR
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/minecon-cape-fraud.96150/

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
Lets hope for the best. Cant acess my computer atm and just saw this.

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can they only access certain accounts or???

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
The exploit isn't really Mojang's fault this time around, as it was an exploit in the OpenSSL library that about 66% of the Internet uses. None of our systems were affected.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
None of our systems were affected.
Yeah that's because you don't have any form of encryption and transmit usernames and passwords in plain text for anyone to intercept! Your users are constantly vulnerable if logging in from a public/unsecured wifi network. :p

Though who would really take the time to mess around with your MCSG account, when they're snooping for banking passwords and whatnot, but still.

Edit: Albeit lots of people use the same password on many if not all the websites they use. Meaning that Googles encryption is pointless if a user here uses the same password in both places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci