• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator applications are reopened!

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Because I was bored I decided to write a mod app for MCSG (but I'm not submitting it because I'm underage :() Silly age limit. I understand the need for it to stop stupid 10 year olds posting their apps as: hai chad ive got lots of xperence in modrating could u pls make me mod thx dood ur the best i luv ur servrs.

But I has idea:
Your staff should recommend underage people who would be good mods (e.g. duckluv321, Dakrai202 etc.) and allow them to apply. They would of course have to have amazing and perfectly perfect everything. To be honest, duckluv321 is the thirteen year old who makes amazing guides, @darkrai202 is just a great all round guy who I think would make a really good moderator and there are so many others who would be great.

Just a suggestion.
Hey, to be fair on ten year olds, we get those sort of apps from all age levels, even "18 year olds" :p

Even though the idea that you stated is a good one, the problem is that is that if we make exceptions to some people but not others, it starts to get messy, and instead of arguing about the mod age (not saying you are, this is hypothetical) people will then argue about unfair treatment that some people get preference over others. It is a LOT easier to make a date, and simply cut off the age from there. It may be tough, but it's a lot easier for us to manage in the long run.

L

Lululioness

Hey, to be fair on ten year olds, we get those sort of apps from all age levels, even "18 year olds" :p

Even though the idea that you stated is a good one, the problem is that is that if we make exceptions to some people but not others, it starts to get messy, and instead of arguing about the mod age (not saying you are, this is hypothetical) people will then argue about unfair treatment that some people get preference over others. It is a LOT easier to make a date, and simply cut off the age from there. It may be tough, but it's a lot easier for us to manage in the long run.
That's their problem with arguing. They should know that duckluv321 is amazing and deserves to be mod <3 I do think that everyone else should just accept the fact about those mods, and move on. They can either 'wait till they're 14' or just MOVE ON. MCSG is very understaffed and you need people like duckluv321 believe me.

WHY DO STAFF SAY MY IDEAS ARE GOOD AND THEN THERES ALL THESE CONS?!

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was really shocked when the limit was moved to 14, but really it just means some of the qualified people under the age dont have to wait so long.

L

Lululioness

That's their problem with arguing. They should know that duckluv321 is amazing and deserves to be mod <3 I do think that everyone else should just accept the fact about those mods, and move on. They can either 'wait till they're 14' or just MOVE ON. MCSG is very understaffed and you need people like duckluv321 believe me.

Whoa whoa whoa Le0 liked it :D
Anyways, I'm not sure but I'd like GibboAssassin 's point of view before she leaves, and MCJackson 's point of view.

Reactions: Le0

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Like I've said a thousand times, the age restriction was there for a reason and I'm sorry but MCSG won't be accepting anyone under the age of 14 max. We lowered the age to 14 to get some more staff in but it won't drop anymore, I'm sorry.

Fisheer

Career
Reaction score
I think It's good you're not lowering the age limit, as this may put more stress onto the Sr.Mods, when they also have a social life.

mgf4

Experienced
Reaction score
Thank god i am old enough!!! Praise the lord!! :p

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score

Aww, thanks LuLu, that means a lot.

As much as I would love to be a moderator, I respect the rules (not saying you didn't <3) and understand why such rules are in place.
In the six months I have until I turn fourteen, I will try my best to improve upon any skills I already had to make sure that when I do turn fourteen, and if my moderator application and interview is accepted, that I can be the bet moderator I can possibly be.

TL;DR: Rules are rules and as much as I'd like to, I can't.
<3 you LuLu.

Fisheer

Career
Reaction score
Just informing people, the minimum age has in fact been lowered from 15 to 14. We will still only accept very strong applications though, as always. :)
Sorry to bother, you but since my first app was denied, does this mean my 2nd app will take longer to be reviewed?

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry to bother, you but since my first app was denied, does this mean my 2nd app will take longer to be reviewed?
I know I'm not Le0, whom you asked the question, but as far as I know, the number of times you've applied and been denied doesn't affect the reviewal time, unless you've already been denied three times, in which you wouldn't receive a response since you are only allowed 3 denied applications.
I could be completely wrong, so don't quote me on this, but I do think that's how it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci