• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft VS Apple! Which is better?

Which is better?

• Apple

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
1) Most of the technology Apple use in their phones, were made and released years before them. Fingerprint lock on the iPhone 5? Yeah, that was released years ago. The only reason Apple succeeded is because they advertised a lot better.
Multi-task...... One of the important features a device needed, they didn't release it until much later, while other companies had it.

2) "nice link between Mac and phone" nope, iTunes is horrible to use. Not user friendly.

3) it is far over priced to pay for a high quality Mac, just to hope that bootcamp will work and can run windows fine.

The thread is pointless, it's just like the PC vs. Console war. You've got proud console owner who say they are better, then you've got the master race who know they are better. But no one will agree with each other. Same with this, Apple fan boys saying "we are better, we pay much so we are better" then we got the windows guys "we are better, we pay less and get much more power and features."

Oh and to the guy who said Apple doesn't get viruses, sorry, but they do. *cough* the fappening *cough* yeah, PC gets them, but sure as heck can fight it. Oh and its far more easier to fix a windows product than Apple
1) Even though Apple uses technology from time ago, I could careless. I've had an iPhone since iPhone 3G and I've never felt outdated compared to any of the Android phones.

2) iTunes isn't bad, however I haven't used iTunes to sync my iPhone since 2011—so I can't really say much, though I did find it user-friendly at the time I was using it.
What I meant with a link between Macs and iPhones is thanks to iCloud. With iCloud I can take pictures on my phone and they will sync to my computer without me even noticing, my notes sync seamlessly too and so does my reminders, calendar, documents and so on. I can have most of my information that I need in my pocket and at home too.

3) Its a bit priced to buy the best Mac, but when you're an Apple user for some time, you end up buying the best —at least I can say I did :p Moreover, I was just giving an alternative if you don't want to buy a PC for gaming.

4)I knew this thread was pointless. Before I wrote my thoughts, I said this was a no-no thread.

5)Heck I know Macs can get viruses —though I can say I've never gotten a virus myself. I don't exactly buy Macs for being virus free, I buy them because I prefer the OS over Windows —and, well, their product design looks way better. . As far as fixing goes, I don't think fixing a mac is that hard. Either way, you can take it to the Apple store, if under warranty, you can possibly even get a replacement mac for free. c:

I don't want to argue, just giving out my opinion and my experience with Apple products.

Regardless, each to its own. :p

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
I love Apple phones/tablets. I have an Apple iPad, and a Galaxy S 4 and I can definetly say that the iPad is WAYYYY better. So Apple wins for phones/tablets.

I have a windows computer, and I use a Mac frequently for some school projects, I can say this, Windows is WAY better for gaming, but Mac is definetly easier for stuff like school and buisness, but gaming matter more to me, so therefore, Microsoft wins computers.

Oh god. A tie ;-;. I hate ties. :c

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
1) Even though Apple uses technology from time ago, I could careless. I've had an iPhone since iPhone 3G and I've never felt outdated compared to any of the Android phones.

2) iTunes isn't bad, however I haven't used iTunes to sync my iPhone since 2011—so I can't really say much, though I did find it user-friendly at the time I was using it.
What I meant with a link between Macs and iPhones is thanks to iCloud. With iCloud I can take pictures on my phone and they will sync to my computer without me even noticing, my notes sync seamlessly too and so does my reminders, calendar, documents and so on. I can have most of my information that I need in my pocket and at home too.

3) Its a bit priced to buy the best Mac, but when you're an Apple user for some time, you end up buying the best —at least I can say I did :p Moreover, I was just giving an alternative if you don't want to buy a PC for gaming.

4)I knew this thread was pointless. Before I wrote my thoughts, I said this was a no-no thread.

5)Heck I know Macs can get viruses —though I can say I've never gotten a virus myself. I don't exactly buy Macs for being virus free, I buy them because I prefer the OS over Windows —and, well, their product design looks way better. . As far as fixing goes, I don't think fixing a mac is that hard. Either way, you can take it to the Apple store, if under warranty, you can possibly even get a replacement mac for free. c:

I don't want to argue, just giving out my opinion and my experience with Apple products.

We have dropbox or one drive, both equally as good as iCloud.
Also, I am a computer technician so I know what it is like to fix Apple products, android, windows etc etc.
Point 4/5 wasn't directed at you, at someone else.

Just to clarify, I myself have an iPad, but use windows for PC, Linux for servers, windows phone and android phone (one is private, the other is for work)

ThePsychoSpyder

Quantum
Reaction score
We have dropbox or one drive, both equally as good as iCloud.
Also, I am a computer technician so I know what it is like to fix Apple products, android, windows etc etc.
Point 4/5 wasn't directed at you, at someone else.

Just to clarify, I myself have an iPad, but use windows for PC, Linux for servers, windows phone and android phone (one is private, the other is for work)
Can dropbox or drive locate your device when you lose it? I don't think so.

EDIT: Apple customer service is amazing.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Can dropbox or drive locate your device when you lose it? I don't think so.

EDIT: Apple customer service is amazing.
I don't need iCloud to locate my phone. I have a built in device that keeps track of my phone. That's Nokia for you. Nokia has real quality, from 3310 all the way to the lumias.

JayDGames

Survivor
Reaction score
Apple products are great for using when your working or doing school work. They are not designed for gaming so it won't be the best for that. From an unbiased point of view you need to think of the uses. Microsoft products and pc are leaning more towards the gamers due to better frames/quality. I enjoy both brands, but Microsoft is better for me from a gaming perspective.

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score

1) I have an iPad 2 that is slow as a snail since I upgraded to iOS7 a year ago. I guess our experiences differ.
2) Google does the same via Google Drive. And there are third party applications, such as Dropbox, with similar functionality.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
The whole OS war could be summed up with this picture:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci