• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft buying Minecraft?

Want Microsoft to buy Mojang?

• Total voters

MagmaYeti

Platinum
Reaction score
If Microsoft does by Mojang, I am praying that they will finally integrate better ways to make Minecraft run faster. I mean common, I run Titan Fall better than Minecraft.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
I will cry if they (Microsoft) start to charge us for texture packs :(
They won't charge us for texture packs. They are going to charge us for updating. 10 bucks apiece. It really makes me mad, knowing this game used (and still) can never get boring since you don't have to pay at all. Microsoft ruins games, and if they buy Mojang, Minecraft will be no exception. I bloody hate Microsoft.

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
They won't charge us for texture packs. They are going to charge us for updating. 10 bucks apiece. It really makes me mad, knowing this game used (and still) can never get boring since you don't have to pay at all. Microsoft ruins games, and if they buy Mojang, Minecraft will be no exception. I bloody hate Microsoft.
Microsoft... they don't try to make things better, instead they ruin them to the point of no return ;-;

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Microsoft... they don't try to make things better, instead they ruin them to the point of no return ;-;
No kidding - Hopefully Notch won't allow Microsoft to loose Mojang's charm... That's what characterized Mojang and once it's lost, so is the MC community.

Devon

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel that while Microsoft purchasing Mojang could have some positive effects, it's also going to have large negative effects on the community of Minecraft players.

As we all know, people hate change. Raffle voting, MCSG V2, the new EULA, everything. They hate it at first, but after a few months they accept it. Six months from now, us Minecraft players will probably have either quit or gotten used to it.

If Mojang accepts the deal given by Microsoft, which I believe there's a high chance that they will, I certainly hope that there are some conditions:
- Mojang staff get to continue to work on it if they want to, in their own way. What made Minecraft.... Minecraft, is the creativity and fun that could be had. If a large, common-core company such as Microsoft comes and takes over and says "We're going to take this game and turn it like the rest of ours", soon Minecraft might only be able to run on Windows, and on top of that will need like 8 GBs of RAM to run on more than 20 FPS. Wouldn't that really suck?
- Servers are not largely impacted. They've went through one large bump with the EULA earlier this year, and don't need another one.

Oh crap, I have to go to school O_O
I am a fan of that, I have 32 gigs of ram, and that will stop some of the people I hate from playing minecraft also as for the mac thing I won't really mind I use windows and some of the people I hate use mac's :) win for me!

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Microsoft is a billion dollar corperation for a reason, they know what they're doing. Its pretty hard to mess up a "block game"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci