• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Exactly. Bucket of water being poured doesn't help them at all. Being blunt here. The donations count towards something useful. Research equipment, technologies to help out the diseased, and other useful causes. Pouring water on your head..what does that do? Raise a slight bit of awareness for a short while?
Haha I actually edited my previous post talking about that. It's become something meaningless like the infamous Cinnamon Challenge, Chubby Bunny Challenge, and the list goes on. I know not everyone treats it in this manner and actually are knowledgeable about what they are pouring water on themselves for, but all of the people I'm surrounded by on a daily basis just challenge each other to piss off their friends and I guarantee they have no clue what ALS is.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
(I'll also be posting this on the other thread where I was challenged)
Zaex

My apologies to those who challenged me to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - I was in New York for two weeks, attending a very rigorous church camp where I did not have access to electronics/Internet, so I was unable to see these challenges.
I was challenged at least six times to complete the Ice Bucket Challenge, and my older sister was also challenged once. We will be dumping ice water on each other tomorrow, and filming it. I'll try to upload it some time tomorrow night, or whenever I get the chance to.

I'd just like to briefly touch upon the subject of ALS, and my view on this awareness-raising trend.

To those of you who do the Ice Bucket Challenge simply because you were challenged or its a social trend... while you are more than free to, I implore you to do it with a good heart and motive, and remember those with ALS. If possible, try to donate some money to the cause - ALS is a very serious disease, and I actually didn't know about it until just a few days ago - In fact, the symptoms are something that I've often thought about with fear. Not being able to move, speak, and take care of yourself is an extremely scary thing to see, and even worse to experience personally.
I once saw a person in an anime who was injured in battle, to the point that they couldn't speak or move. They had to use eye-gaze-technology-thingies (I don't really know what its called) in order to pass an important message to their commanders, but I've always had a concern that one day myself or someone close to me might have a similar issue, and to know that it can occur by a disease that over thirty thousand people have... it sends shudders down my spine.

I'm not doing this just because I was challenged - The challenge was simply a way to make me aware of the issue.
I don't actually have $100 to donate (I actually just gave back to my mom $100 that she lent to me for my trip to NYC), so my other option is to either "ignore" the challenge or actually do it, so I've decided to complete the challenge. Some time during the video that I post, I'll try to also convey a message about why my sister and I are doing it.
In the near future, I'll try to do some more researching about ALS (at this time, I can't even remember what ALS stands for, aside from S=Syndrome?) and I'd like to be able to help out a bit if I can. I don't know how, but every effort counts.

And keep in mind that these videos are NOT bad, unless it is a negative video, such as one mocking or bashing those who did it to raise awareness/have ALS.
Most of the videos (from my knowledge) are created to raise awareness and draw attention to ALS, which I (and I'm sure many others) believe is a worthy and just cause.

Many people might think drowning or being burned alive is a terrible death... but personally? I think ALS is worse.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
(I'll also be posting this on the other thread where I was challenged)
Zaex

My apologies to those who challenged me to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - I was in New York for two weeks, attending a very rigorous church camp where I did not have access to electronics/Internet, so I was unable to see these challenges.
I was challenged at least six times to complete the Ice Bucket Challenge, and my older sister was also challenged once. We will be dumping ice water on each other tomorrow, and filming it. I'll try to upload it some time tomorrow night, or whenever I get the chance to.

I'd just like to briefly touch upon the subject of ALS, and my view on this awareness-raising trend.

To those of you who do the Ice Bucket Challenge simply because you were challenged or its a social trend... while you are more than free to, I implore you to do it with a good heart and motive, and remember those with ALS. If possible, try to donate some money to the cause - ALS is a very serious disease, and I actually didn't know about it until just a few days ago - In fact, the symptoms are something that I've often thought about with fear. Not being able to move, speak, and take care of yourself is an extremely scary thing to see, and even worse to experience personally.
I once saw a person in an anime who was injured in battle, to the point that they couldn't speak or move. They had to use eye-gaze-technology-thingies (I don't really know what its called) in order to pass an important message to their commanders, but I've always had a concern that one day myself or someone close to me might have a similar issue, and to know that it can occur by a disease that over thirty thousand people have... it sends shudders down my spine.

I'm not doing this just because I was challenged - The challenge was simply a way to make me aware of the issue.
I don't actually have $100 to donate (I actually just gave back to my mom $100 that she lent to me for my trip to NYC), so my other option is to either "ignore" the challenge or actually do it, so I've decided to complete the challenge. Some time during the video that I post, I'll try to also convey a message about why my sister and I are doing it.
In the near future, I'll try to do some more researching about ALS (at this time, I can't even remember what ALS stands for, aside from S=Syndrome?) and I'd like to be able to help out a bit if I can. I don't know how, but every effort counts.

And keep in mind that these videos are NOT bad, unless it is a negative video, such as one mocking or bashing those who did it to raise awareness/have ALS.
Most of the videos (from my knowledge) are created to raise awareness and draw attention to ALS, which I (and I'm sure many others) believe is a worthy and just cause.

Many people might think drowning or being burned alive is a terrible death... but personally? I think ALS is worse.

no, but seriously. This what everyone should be thinking. It's sad that some people just pour ice over their head because they were challenged and don't know why they were challenged.

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Exactly. Bucket of water being poured doesn't help them at all. Being blunt here. The donations count towards something useful. Research equipment, technologies to help out the diseased, and other useful causes. Pouring water on your head..what does that do? Raise a slight bit of awareness for a short while? I think, again, you should donate, regardless.

*Saw the edit, agree 110%.*
Through youtube and communities like this, most people are at least intelligent enough to know what ALS is while doing this. There are too many dumbasses on instagram in 7-10th grade who don't even know what ALS is or what it does. Messed tf up.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
The ice bucket challenge is the stupidest thing on earth. We've probably wasted millions of gallons of water by dumping it on our heads. Donate to ASL, it doesn't require wasting water.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
The ice bucket challenge is the stupidest thing on earth. We've probably wasted millions of gallons of water by dumping it on our heads. Donate to ASL, it doesn't require wasting water.
I don't be mean to be rude, and yes, it is a waste of water, but I see you look at the wrong side to most things ( not calling you negative, just saying.) It isn't supposed to be a waste of water. It's supposed to be a fun challenge to help spread awareness for ALS.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't be mean to be rude, and yes, it is a waste of water, but I see you look at the wrong side to most things ( not calling you negative, just saying.) It isn't supposed to be a waste of water. It's supposed to be a fun challenge to help spread awareness for ALS.
yeah im a pretty nevative guy

AmyGlitters

Career
Reaction score
yeah im a pretty nevative guy
Alright, the reason that people are doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, well, the reason that it was created in the first place, is to raise awareness for the charity who have in fact raised over $91.4 million this year... That's 91 times more than they did last year I believe. Also, when ice water is poured over you, it is meant to give the sensation that you're paralysed - the way that sufferers of ALS feel... There is many reasons that the challenge was in fact started. It's not just to 'waste water'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci