• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Scoreboard

Should MCSG add scoreboards?

• Genius!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • It is neat, but it needs changes.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Neutral as a potato. (lulwut?!)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Nah, I don't think it will work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather jump off a building.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Don't know yet.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi everyone

One of the things I like about MCSG is that they take advantage of the new features in updates. But there is one feature I want to see in MCSG that was added to Minecraft in 1.5:

Scoreboards.

Now, scoreboards were added in a sense of keeping track of certain things. It could be used to keep track of scores (Thanks captain obvious), to check records, or to vote for things. This is an example of a scoreboard: (OK, 2 examples):

In MCSG's case, I think it would be kind of neat to have the scoreboard! However, I could only think of one use for it, and that is for the MCSG lobby when it comes to voting. It would be up to date and people know what to vote for right off the bat. Now, I have no idea how to code them, Forairan, but I think they should look like this:

Example 1:

[MCSG] Map Selection

[1] Solar Frost [5]
[2] Survival Games 3 [3]
[3] Teweran Survival Games 2 [1]
[4] Avaricia [14]
[5] Freeze Island [1]
[MCSG] To vote for a map, type in:
/vote <Map Number>.
[MCSG] Voting will end in [1] minute(s).

Example 2:

[MCSG] Map Selection

[1] Breeze Island [14]
[2] Survival Kingdom [2]
[3] The Survival Games [1]
[4] Holiday Resort [5]
[5] The Survival Games 5 [2]
/vote <Map Number>.
[MCSG] Voting will end in [25] second(s).

Example 3:

[MCSG] Map Selection

[1] The Survival Games 2 [0]
[2] Destiny's Shiver [4]
[3] The Fallen Empire [1]
[4] Moonlight Lake [10]
[5] Fortune Island [9]
/vote <Map Number>.
[MCSG] Voting will end in [1] minute(s).

Example 4: (Used when the map is selected)

[MCSG] Map Selection

[1] Wyvern's Wake [1]
[2] The Survival Games 4 [2]
[3] The Survival Games 5 [1]
[4] Solar Frost [15]
[5] Treacherous Heights [5]
[MCSG] Voting has ended and [Solar Frost] will be played.

So give me some feedback on this suggestion! Do you like the idea? Should the text be changed? What else should we use it for? Should it be used somewhere else? Gimme dat feedback! :D Make sure to vote for the poll.
-Spice

Ben67482

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the idea of scoreboards, I think it would if be good if they could use them ingame aswell. Such as top 3 players ( By kills )

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea of scoreboards, I think it would if be good if they could use them ingame aswell. Such as top 3 players ( By kills )
No, definitely not for that. That tells everyone who's a threat and gives away any sense of surprise someone might have when you put on your armour or pull out your weapon. It may not be there anyways, but we still shouldn't show the kills. That's the same reason we don't want people knowing who killed who.

I do like the idea of scoreboards though. I can't think of anything else to use them for, but this sounds great so far. I can't see the difference between the examples though except the last one >.< Am I missing something?

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
No, definitely not for that. That tells everyone who's a threat and gives away any sense of surprise someone might have when you put on your armour or pull out your weapon. It may not be there anyways, but we still shouldn't show the kills. That's the same reason we don't want people knowing who killed who.

I do like the idea of scoreboards though. I can't think of anything else to use them for, but this sounds great so far. I can't see the difference between the examples though except the last one >.< Am I missing something?
The last example shows what happens when the voting ends thirty seconds before the lobby ends. :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The last example shows what happens when the voting ends thirty seconds before the lobby ends. :)
Alright, but what do the ones before that represent?
And I think the way you showed that is kind of ugly. The strike-out makes it so you kind of want to read what's behind it and try for a bit and essentially it just gets in the way. I think we should just have something like:

The Map has been selected!
It is Solar Frost!

Or something along those lines. That's a lot less distracting, and also simpler.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright, but what do the ones before that represent?
And I think the way you showed that is kind of ugly. The strike-out makes it so you kind of want to read what's behind it and try for a bit and essentially it just gets in the way. I think we should just have something like:

The Map has been selected!
It is Solar Frost!

Or something along those lines. That's a lot less distracting, and also simpler.
Will do.

And the ones before it show the options when the voting is available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci