• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Nostalgia Thread

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not really sure if this is part of the server again or not, I've not clicked on Minecraft in ages.

A server lobby back in 2012(?), that was so good. Just jumping around the pillars brings back memories. Here's a pic of it, I think. -- Found the lobby thing in a video. --

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
When you could craft golden apples with golden nuggets.

I miss those days :-:

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
When the lads would blatantly show off their nodus derp in the lobbies....
When their were bones in chests to tame wolves
When you only saw the occasional hacker
When alot of top players used BSM but denied it
Au server was hosted in Singapore, so we had the OP Asian players who were really good and fun to play with.
"If you want to tem, meet in cake ruum"
- lol... the diamond armor in the lobby that everyone tried to get the full set
- chests with bows & arrows in the lobby to shoot the crap out of your enemies before the actual game started....
Topgear and his massive teams owning the games..
many good memories, such nostalgia....

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I miss the old days in general; back when Tomahawk was a chill guy, back when we didn't have the hub, (Granted I do like the hub idea.) back when we had legends like Blamph, omgjustin and zeejayy, back when we didn't have annoying fanboys, (Bajan and Jerome, Joey and Stacy.) back when we had good staff, back when we weren't purely about competition and back when everyone knew each other. I miss those days... :(

mikag35 Your post hit me right in the feels ;-;
That was the goal ;)

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
-When you lost 2% of your points when you died instead of 5% (making killing someone and getting say, over 100 points, means a lot)
-When all the good players would be in lobbies 1-5 and so people would join servers 20-30 to get easier wins
-When people didn't complain about ping when they died (because before 1.7, ping didn't matter that much because PvP actually took skill)
-
These right here...;-;
I miss when we had a great sense of community, when I could recognize almost every player and they each had different traits and personalities and knew who to look out for, who not to team with coughjefeperrocough, and v1.

Last edited:
Reaction score
-Back when there were 5 minute DM's so you can easily take down noob teams
-Back when ZedChase was always under construction
-Before there was a hub
-Back when every map would be SG4 or Breeze Island
-Back when Kahmumrah matches would take full 30 minutes and go to DM with 5+ players

Just the feeling I get when I look back wants me to enjoy this game like I used to about a year ago when I played :/

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Back when 48 man servers had a 6 man deathmatch and sg2 was the only map played on those ones.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Or what about when there were 120 servers and the only map was SG3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci