• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Just another suggestion! This time, about a mobile app dedicated to MCSG. The app would provide easy access to the forums as well as the server list. That way, people can just look at their phones to quickly find what servers are ready for them.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
This would be cool, but I think at this time they're really busy with other stuff like plugins, features, bugs, and getting MCSG out of beta.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This would be cool, but I think at this time they're really busy with other stuff like plugins, features, bugs, and getting MCSG out of beta.
Yeah, maybe when they finish they can make a version for a mobile device :p But, like Minecraft on mobile devices, I won't play it because it isn't anywhere near as good as the computer.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe when they finish they can make a version for a mobile device :p But, like Minecraft on mobile devices, I won't play it because it isn't anywhere near as good as the computer.
haha That's right. :p

SixZoSeven

Reaction score
haha That's right. :p
I didn't mean have a mobile Survival Games mode where you can actually play the survival games. Just a dedicated app for the forums and server list.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
I didn't mean have a mobile Survival Games mode where you can actually play the survival games. Just a dedicated app for the forums and server list.
Actually the server list would be very handy... For people without multiple screens it can get cluttered to look at the list and try to quickly join.

SixZoSeven

Reaction score
Actually the server list would be very handy... For people without multiple screens it can get cluttered to look at the list and try to quickly join.
Exactly. Just have your phone/tablet on your desk and easily be able to find what server you would like to join.

Jtzink

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea of the server listing being available on an app. Just a a matter of where it falls on the giant to-do list.

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
I would imagine this idea while in theory is good, but why spend all that time making an app for something i can just open a new tab on my computer and go to the website? After all, i dont see the point in seeing which servers are open on your mobile device if you already have access to a computer. On the other hand, if ads were to run on this app, and a "pro" version could be downloadable for money, it could be a decent way to make a miniscule amount of cash. Even with that said, i personally would not download an app for a dollar if i could do it for free. Unless of course, there would be some sort of bounty reward for buying the pro version.
And that comes from an apple ipod/iphone/mac/macbookpro fanboy. Happy days.

SixZoSeven

Reaction score
I would imagine this idea while in theory is good, but why spend all that time making an app for something i can just open a new tab on my computer and go to the website? After all, i dont see the point in seeing which servers are open on your mobile device if you already have access to a computer. On the other hand, if ads were to run on this app, and a "pro" version could be downloadable for money, it could be a decent way to make a miniscule amount of cash. Even with that said, i personally would not download an app for a dollar if i could do it for free. Unless of course, there would be some sort of bounty reward for buying the pro version.
And that comes from an apple ipod/iphone/mac/macbookpro fanboy. Happy days.
Would you rather have to keep switching from your browser back to MC, back to browser, back to MC...? Or would you rather have a device next to you that you can glance over and browse through while having the MC window always open on your computer? I am not saying that an app is a must have. Just an idea that can be viewed as something that could possibly happen in the future once higher priority stuff is dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci