• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Maps

FrostBuzz

Diamond
Reaction score
So, Mcgamer has a lot of maps for MCSG. What are your least and most favorite maps?

Here are mine.

1. Survival Games: Adrenaline + Chernobyl 2015
I like adrenaline and Chernobyl because of the tier balance, space, and size of the map. You don't need a chest route to get solid gear on this map, which makes for a balanced game for someone who knows and doesn't know the map. The overall space makes it easy to pvp with out issues with surroundings. The map size is smaller so the game is fast paced. Though Chernobyl is a bit bigger I love the history of the map.

Moonbase 9

Moonbase has many tier twos also making it balanced. The landscape is perfect for pvp with a few choke points and open areas. Though you need to keep your brightness up fully to see a little bit in some areas, this creates a new environment for players making it more intresting.

3. Par 72
This map is very balanced in tiers, nobody is super understated on this map unless they can't open a chest. The space is perfect, an even amount of choke points and just a barren section. Pvping is a lot better but running is a lot harder for me personally on this map in some areas. I've won quite a few matches on this map when I started to come back to MCSG (I quit mine craft for a bit, I came back about 2-3 months ago)

Honorable Mentions

Breeze Island
Demons Breeze
Survival Games 2
Inertia

Here are my least favorite

1. Survival Games 2
Jesus, can this map be any bigger? A game on SG 2 could take the whole time limit. It's quite difficult to get an u tier twos if you don't know where they are all at so it crates a super unbalanced game. When I first started this map was pretty good but now mps are evolving.

2. Solar Flost
This use to be the map when I started. I won half of my 300 wins on solar flare. (Yes I had 300 on my old username's stats) Now this map just is bad. If yourchets route isn't open then your dead. I'm still finding new places I on this map. Now my chest route is out there and is almost always take. Also you are always fighting with no space.

3. Mortal Skies
This map can just burn in hell. It is so bad that I had to put it at 3rd because it is the worst of the worst. Everyone knocks you off, and I have never founces a tier 2 on this map other than at spawn. Never is there good pvp space. No to this map.

So here's to more [SNIP] and good maps :)

Construct is also a good map but rarely played so I don't really have a great understanding of it.

Last edited:

Heirokos

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't like moonbase maps. Too dark, and people can run forever. The spawn is like also a chokepoint :/

FazeMatthew

Survivor
Reaction score
1 - SG 4 very equal map and good for pvp
2 - SG Highway - Very good for battles, and it is not so one sided.
3 - SG 3 - BEST MAP EVER LOVE THIS MAP LEGIT!​

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice picks, but we have drastically different ideas of "balanced."

This map is very balanced in tiers, nobody is super understated on this map unless they can't open a chest.
As much as I love Par 72 (probs my favorite map), I don't think it's fair to call the map balanced, considering you can make chest routes by going any direction and find tier 2s.

I feel that tier 2 chests should only be used to reward the player, not to give them free loot and full iron. Then again, it's more of an issue of "make a chest route" vs "benefit new players," and as a person who had text files filled with routes, choke points, and boat kill areas, I'm afraid I'm very biased.

Nevertheless, nice thread, I like your reasonings and good use of colors/BIU.

FrostBuzz

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice picks, but we have drastically different ideas of "balanced."

As much as I love Par 72 (probs my favorite map), I don't think it's fair to call the map balanced, considering you can make chest routes by going any direction and find tier 2s.

I feel that tier 2 chests should only be used to reward the player, not to give them free loot and full iron. Then again, it's more of an issue of "make a chest route" vs "benefit new players," and as a person who had text files filled with routes, choke points, and boat kill areas, I'm afraid I'm very biased.

Nevertheless, nice thread, I like your reasonings and good use of colors/BIU.
Thanks, I enjoy maps thou by that you don't need a route to get stacked. But that's me.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
2. Solar Flare
Actually it's Solar Frost, not Solar Flare.

Of the maps currently on the servers I like:
SG2
TSG1 & 2
Winds of Change
Mortal Skies
Origins

The ones I don't like are:
Inertia
Adrenaline
Zone 85
Green Grass
SG Highway

FrostBuzz

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually it's Solar Frost, not Solar Flare.

Of the maps currently on the servers I like:
SG2
TSG1 & 2
Winds of Change
Mortal Skies
Origins

The ones I don't like are:
Inertia
Adrenaline
Zone 85
Green Grass
SG Highway
:) didn't notice that thanks, we are kinda opposites.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
:) didn't notice that thanks, we are kinda opposites.
We're opposites, yes. But there are a select few I don't like, and the ones I listed as 'liked' may just have the nostalgia bonus over the newer ones. I like a lot of the maps on the servers right now, such as Par 72 or Moonbase 9. I think those older maps may just make the elite cut not because of their greatness but because of the nostalgia.

FrostBuzz

Diamond
Reaction score
We're opposites, yes. But there are a select few I don't like, and the ones I listed as 'liked' may just have the nostalgia bonus over the newer ones. I like a lot of the maps on the servers right now, such as Par 72 or Moonbase 9. I think those older maps may just make the elite cut not because of their greatness but because of the nostalgia.
Agreed, but they still are fats pace good maps with good pvp areas.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Favorite:

1. Survival Kingdom - This map is only available on the 48-player servers (which are never played ever, so this map is basically removed). Anyways, it is another great build and is the perfect size, and also has a lot of chests/good routes to take. Unfortunately, the community hated it enough that it got taken off the servers. Quality stuff right there.

2. The Survival Games 2 - great build, good size, lots of areas to PvP/run. They have made the tiering better, and people who complain that they can't find tier 2's are simply too lazy to create a route (which really doesn't take that much time).

3. The Survival Games (1) - even though it's not a spectactular build, this map by far has the most "survival-y" feel to it. While the routes are unbalanced, this map still can be fun if you know where stuff is. Considering this is the first ever survival games map, I think it's pretty great (especially for nostalgia purposes).

Least favorites: Par 72, SG: Adrenaline, Zone 85, Pompeii, Autogrill, SG: Highway, and Turbulence.

The reasons for my least favorites are all the same: They're overplayed, too small, have too many chests (specifically, too many tier 2's), too much PvP, too little survival, and a couple of them are very sloppy builds. These maps make it "PvP Games" rather than Survival Games, and they just aren't enjoyable to play on.

Deceqsed

Survivor
Reaction score
I really do not mind any of these maps. Despite some of the like running and some of the tier systems. But other than that, there good and well created maps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci