• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG: Hacking Havoc and How To Remove Them!

iamlebaws

Diamond
Reaction score
* Pre- Note: Firstly, I would like to add that in my opinion this thread is most fit to Survival Games : Feature Suggestions as it mostly effects 'The Survival Games' players.

As you may or may not know, 'The Survival Games' is relentlessly thwarted with hacker after hacker, ruining the tributes' pleasure and making more and more players leave the community for other servers like 'The HIVE', thus voiding the opportunity to have the players donate and resulting in a fatal loss of revenue for the server. Furthermore, I feel that if the server does not resolve this issue, then it will fail.

At this point in time, 90% of the games I join contain a hacker which I either die to within the first minute having been chased by him/her off spawn, or in deathmatch, where running is impossible, so you just meet you fate. It is extremely demotivating when you spend an entire game doing well only to be brutally punished in the deathmatch for something that you can't help.

That's all very well but why not just send in a report?
Well, it really isn't that easy when you don't have excellent tools such as a lightning quick internet speeds and a good PC with editing software. I have only filled out 1 report in my entire MCGamer life-time, just because of the amount of time and effort it takes. My opinion is that if most members can't afford to buy some sort of donor, then they probably wont be able to afford the PC's that can run the graphically intensive recording software.

The second problem is that some people (even the ones with the gaming PC's) can't get good internet just because of the area they live in, or because of there connection to their router. Sometimes, People's upload speed is so bad that a 10 minute video uploaded to YouTube takes 2 hours. During this 2 hour's, there internet is completely devoted to the video upload, that playing at the same time is unbearable.

Basically, my point is that it takes up the best part 2-3 hours for some people to get from hacker to report. You can see how, in the end, and partly due to the sheer amount of hackers online, people would just end up not recording them, and migrating to another server.

But it isn't like that on some servers so how do they do it?

Other Server Pre-Existing Methods
  • Lots of moderators: By having a lot of moderators, servers succeed in having a highly controlled, tight-knit system where hackers are carefully monitored.
  • Moderators in the hub: Helps players who can't report hackers on the forums because they can't record/upload etc. there are atleast 3-4 mods in each hub at any one time who are willing to jump into servers and inspect single players.
  • No warning, lifetime ban's: By giving lifetime bans for first time offences instantly removes hackers from the system (maybe already used)
  • Easy to find 'report player' section: Anyone else find it hard to find the report player section on MCGamer
MCGAMER Suggestion New Methods
* Pre-Note: I have absolutely no knowledge of coding therefore if something is dumb/impossible just ignore it <3
  • Easier uploading functionality: An option to upload your video quickly through the forums, instead of via YouTube.
  • /Report function: A command for all players which adds a tally to players name. Maybe 3 /report tallies per game will get the player kicked from the server. Incorrect /reports could have a separate section on the forums!
  • /Call Mod: Imagine a command that could alert a Mod to a hacker in a game, and the mod could ban the player in real time
  • The ability for mods to look at hackers' clients: Would be way easier to ban a player if you could peek into their profile, Huh?
  • A reward system for successful bans: I would be motivated to ban/report someone if there was a 100 point reward/ refund for points lost due to dying to the hacker. Maybe, consistent hacker reporters could get a 'REPORTER' rank :p
Ultimately, I think something needs to be done about the hackers on SG (EU in particular) and there needs to be available moderators all of the time.

PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS/OPINIONS
-iamlebaws
(Pink Swag)

Thanks 'Linkin Park 'Castle of Glass' 1 hour edition' for making this thread possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci