• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Moderator Punishment Guide (Revamped format)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
From a moderation perspective in my opinion the format of the current one is way better. Over time you start to memorize where each punishment is located, or at least remember the general area to search. This means that you can just pull it up and at a glance remind yourself what the punishment lengths are without having to scroll down and try to find the correct page and such. Especially if you use dual monitors like me, it is nice to have the guide on one monitor and Minecraft on the other. Since I never have to scroll I don't need to leave MC to navigate the guide. Now I do have almost all of the guide memorized, so I hardly ever look at it but back in the day I found the current one just fine.

However, from a community members perspective your format is probably a little nicer. If a community member wants to learn more about our punishment system, yours is for sure a little more pleasant as it isn't just a wall of text. So good job on that! You must have put a log of effort into this. :)

TheBritishMelonn

Platinum
Reaction score
From a moderation perspective in my opinion the format of the old one is way better. Over time you start to memorize where each punishment is located, or at least remember the general area to search. This means that you can just pull it up and at a glance remind yourself what the punishment lengths are without having to scroll down and try to find the correct page and such.

However, from a community members perspective your format is probably a little nicer. If a community member wants to learn more about our punishment system, yours is for sure a little more pleasant as it isn't just a wall of text. So good job on that! You must have put a log of effort into this. :)

I completely understand and took this into consideration. I may end up re-vamping the official once again however in the same format but just a little cleaner. (Less blocky, messy text, more spread out, etc) who knows! I would like to get an opinion on that though.
Otherwise, thank you very much for the response, it's hugely appreciated from a member of staff's position. The only thing that bugs me a little is getting it made to be official alongside the old format. That way the community and staff can enjoy the best of both worlds ;)

Thanks again!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I completely understand and took this into consideration. I may end up re-vamping the official once again however in the same format but just a little cleaner. (Less blocky, messy text, more spread out, etc) who knows! I would like to get an opinion on that though.
Otherwise, thank you very much for the response, it's hugely appreciated from a member of staff's position. The only thing that bugs me a little is getting it made to be official alongside the old format. That way the community and staff can enjoy the best of both worlds ;)

Thanks again!
To get it made *official* would be challenging most likely. First of all, you would probably have to hand over the doc to an admin so that they are the only ones with edit access. Secondly, having more than one guide means that there is just another thing that has to be updated every time we change something. I am sure the admins would like to keep it simple and just maintain one guide. Finally, this is the first time I have ever seen someone complain about the current format. But if it can be made better I am sure the staff would be open to it still!

That being said, if you want to make this happen what I would recommend doing is trying to make it a little more concise like the current one, and then send it to myself or any other staff member. I can pass it on to the admins and see if they like it. For there maybe they can either use some of your ideas and incorporate them into the current guide or something like. Of course no promises, in fact it is probably still very unlikely that anything gets changed but if you have an idea I can suggest it. It doesn't hurt to try.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score

Thanks again!
It'll be really tough to make this a official punishment guide, especially when the admin's have to get it, than edit it down themselves. But it wouldn't hurt to try, try to contact a admin about this and get their opinion on it c:

TheBritishMelonn

Platinum
Reaction score
To get it made *official* would be challenging most likely. First of all, you would probably have to hand over the doc to an admin so that they are the only ones with edit access. Secondly, having more than one guide means that there is just another thing that has to be updated every time we change something. I am sure the admins would like to keep it simple and just maintain one guide. Finally, this is the first time I have ever seen someone complain about the current format. But if it can be made better I am sure the staff would be open to it still!

That being said, if you want to make this happen what I would recommend doing is trying to make it a little more concise like the current one, and then send it to myself or any other staff member. I can pass it on to the admins and see if they like it. For there maybe they can either use some of your ideas and incorporate them into the current guide or something like. Of course no promises, in fact it is probably still very unlikely that anything gets changed but if you have an idea I can suggest it. It doesn't hurt to try.

I understand that, honestly I never expected it to be so challenging. As for editing, it's rather simple to slap a bit of text into the documents but then again I personally believe that the punishment guide needs to be edited a little and updated (More refined) but again that's a personal opinion.

With all the support I've had, I had some hope. With the same details and same punishments for the document, I didn't see that it could have done any harm other than the more user (and phone friendly) format, which was the pure only difference. At the time I felt as if it could have been handy for the newer staff to get a grip on the guide that I made first rather than throwing them in the old guide. There's nothing wrong with using the old guide, again I just felt the revamp would be easier to read :p

Never the less, I'll pm you regards and the conclusion of this. I'm very appreciated with the replies and thoughts of everyone. Let this be a lesson and inspiration for those who do try. Thank you very much once again, perhaps something will change in the future.

“For in the end, it is all about memory, its sources and its magnitude, and, of course, its consequences.”
Elie Wiesel, Night

Catz.

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, this was really well done. :3

TheBritishMelonn

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, this was really well done. :3
Awh well thank you! That does mean a lot.

Sadly, It's time for the thread to be locked due to the staff opinions. It was stated clearly that the old punishment guide will be only used and that my revamped one will not become part of the official guide system, however the staff did look into it which meant a lot. Thank you for all the support everyone <3 It truly means the world to me!

**Request for thread lock**

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Awh well thank you! That does mean a lot.

Sadly, It's time for the thread to be locked due to the staff opinions. It was stated clearly that the old punishment guide will be only used and that my revamped one will not become part of the official guide system, however the staff did look into it which meant a lot. Thank you for all the support everyone <3 It truly means the world to me!

**Request for thread lock**
Thread locked upon owner request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci