• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Rotation Idea

Do you like this idea of map rotation?

• Total voters

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know if this should be here or in feature suggestions. If so, I apologize! ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the most talked about things on the forums is which maps are on the servers. Some people wish that maps would be removed, while others wish that some would be added back. With that in mind, I propose a monthly system that would solve this discontent:

First, take a list of all the maps ever submitted to MCSG and create a poll where people can rank them from favorite to least favorite. The top 13 or so maps are permanently on
US1-40
EU1-40
AU1-18
CA1-18
AS1-7

Every month, there would be a poll for the rest of the maps not selected for the top 13. The next 2 top ranked maps every month would fill the 14 and 15 spots on the previously listed servers. Thus, maps #14 and 15 would change every month.

After those maps, the next 8 maps chosen every month would fill the spots on servers
US41-48
EU41-48
AU19-23
CA19-23
AS8-10

This way, there would be a sort of rotation each month of maps, making a lot of people happy.

What do you think? Please leave a response! :)

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree. One of the biggest problems in V1 was maps being repetitive. This is basically having a poll, and the top 13 maps get played repetitively for an entire month... woo! No. I'd rather not have to play the same set of maps for an entire month on the majority of the servers.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
That sound's like alot of work or maybe i am not just getting it.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I think that it's fine the way it is now and I don't think it needs to be changed.

Also this should be in Feature Suggestion, moved.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would like to see a rotation for the community maps. The original SG maps (possibly Breeze since its been around forever, maybe not) would remain, and every 2 weeks half the community maps would be choices. The next 2 weeks, the other half. It would let you get maps you wanted more often and also have variety, and I don't believe it would be that difficult to do.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I'm so confused. Are you saying the 13 "top" maps will be permanently on the listed servers, with no change, and that monthly a 14th and 15th slot will be voted upon for a new map?

Clarify, please, so I can formulate my thoughts on this idea correctly >.<

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm so confused. Are you saying the 13 "top" maps will be permanently on the listed servers, with no change, and that monthly a 14th and 15th slot will be voted upon for a new map?

Clarify, please, so I can formulate my thoughts on this idea correctly >.<
Yes. Kind of what we already have, but less permanent maps so that there will be more diversity.

KyleD

Career
Reaction score
I think this would probably make people confused. It is a good idea and I can see where you are coming from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci