• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lets talk about the EULA...

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Ugh, I didn't even bother to watch the video. This EULA thing will NEVER happen! Me like many other people only play online so MC will just lose a bunch of people If they were to even think about doing this.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Let's not. The majority of the community, the Administrators and the Owner are already aware of the EULA changes. Several threads have already been made concerning this.

MCGamer will likely post an official announcement in the near future regarding the changes that will occur as a result of the EULA. To be frank, MCGamer will not be affected majorly - if even at all - so there's nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Many videos were made prior to Mojang's official announcement, so many of them contain a lot of speculation. Here's Mojang's most recent blog post concerning server monetisation and the EULA changes to all who were interested: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
As entertaining this was to watch, it was very inaccurate.... for some servers.

(Based off of the article: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/)
Minigames
Minigame servers such as MCSG and The Hive won't be affected as much. Dinnerbone stated that he doesn't think Donor Priority is illegal under the new EULA, and colored names and chat is legal and 100% allowed. MCSG will have to remove the extra bounty that donors receive and the flying perk for Platinum Donors, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Survival/Creative
Survival servers.. Let's talk kits. Many servers' donation ranks benefit from kits - Namely, you pay more to receive better items. This is illegal, and has to be removed.
I'm going to go onto a standard Factions server website, and view their Donor Rank list. The screenshots below have a few examples - If they are next to a Red X, then it means that they will have to be removed or altered.
(http://prntscr.com/3te7wa)
VIP is a standard $10 rank for this server.

(http://prntscr.com/3te8go)
Supporter is a standard $15 rank for this server. (It's on sale at this time, it's usually $15 USD.)

This practically kills 90% of the perks that this server has to offer. (Rough estimation.) Not to mention, they're killing off the largest and most valuable perks - the things that make people want to buy the package.
This could very well be the death sentence for 85% or more Minecraft servers.

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
all i can say about it is that it will not affect mcsg in any way it all

matt_hey222

Experienced
Reaction score
I think what Mojang is doing right now is just plain cruel to server owners, donations and ranks help a server to grow, like in Mooclan's right above this, aprox. 90% of the perks you get while donating will disappear. People would not like to buy a rank for 50$ and only get a /hat command.. I think that Mojang is doing a big mistake. My Opinion.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I think what Mojang is doing right now is just plain cruel to server owners, donations and ranks help a server to grow, like in Mooclan's right above this, aprox. 90% of the perks you get while donating will disappear. People would not like to buy a rank for 50$ and only get a /hat command.. I think that Mojang is doing a big mistake. My Opinion.
Mojang's only out to get the bad apple servers, the ones who charge 500$ to basically have OP. Problem is, they can only do this fairly by applying changes to all servers. People don't understand that a lot of big servers won't have to change too much, and definitely won't go down. While the EULA is an overall bad thing, it's not necessarily evil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci