• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Leaving To Save Points

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
Just have the player be killed if they log out while being a tribute. I've seen something similar on a different server where logging out in combat causes you to be killed.

As long as they drop their items it really is all the same, isn't it?
It's pathetic that they're that desperate to save points, but the annoying part is that they don't drop anything.

Oh yeah, and suicide is a much better option, though I'd only do it if it's a deathmatch between me and my teammate. I don't see the point of giving up early otherwise... Iron swords are pretty easy to get later in the game, and diamond doesn't do that much more. All down to pvp skill and luck.

CherryCokee

Survivor
Reaction score
I've been noticing a major problem that's somewhat corrupting the leader boards and part of the way the point system works; you can leave to save your points before you die. Most if not all (except me) on the top for points, leave before they die to save points! Totally defeating the point of the points system and "stealing" points.

I'd just like to say I do not leave and I have a legit 1500+ points and I die every once in a while and sometimes 3 times in a row, but I never leave to save them... To me, it's just a pansy thing to do and corrupts the leader boards with "unlegit" players. I've talked to some of the people who do this and they simply say, "I do it so I don't lose points, I've lost 200 in a row." I then precede to explain to them the point of losing points and that with them leaving makes it unlegit and they should have died and lost points. To me, that's pretty much cheating. It's the same deal as dashboarding in Call of Duty to preserve your K/D or W/L ratio.

Most of the people I say this to just say stop QQing it's just a game and I say if it's just a game why do you leave, points don't matter... I'd like to really see this be fixed by the time the servers are out of beta.
aha! Don't even get me started buddy, you've combat logged multiple times when i have been chasing you. Don't even get me started.

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Then why am I hearing thedamnwalrus is a notorious hacker and he isn't banned because he donated diamond?

Shad

Spectator
Reaction score
aha! Don't even get me started buddy, you've combat logged multiple times when i have been chasing you. Don't even get me started.
Eh... I don't think so... You may be talking about someone else and I'll tell you two reasons why I wouldn't have logged with you chasing me.

First of all: I like to complain to you every time I see you that you combat log and leaving when you are about to kill me would make me a hypocrite.
Second of all: I wouldn't leave if you killed me because you have more points than me, thus I don't lose a lot when I die...

So yeah... there are two reasons on why I wouldn't have ever logged against you without even saying, "No, you are a liar, I never leave." Which is also true...

So "buddy" what else do you have to say about that?

I've also only played about three actual games with you (where we are both tributes)... and you also may be thinking of yourself, who I can I remember combat logging on me while me and Aeonic were fist fighting you in the room in the village that has 6 chests in it. Pretty specific, eh?

sovca

Tribute
Reaction score
Finger-pointing aside, a good solution to this would be for people to drop their items when they disconnect (they already "die" on reconnect anyway), and to stop the points thing, perhaps make them lose the points they'd get for death if they leave within a minute of hitting someone/being hit, but none of the people in the fight have died (if you kill your attacker, it's no longer pvp logging).

Jtzink

Career
Reaction score
This is already on their to-do list, I believe. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci