• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Leaving During the Setup Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogTen

Tribute
Reaction score
I mean most people don't do it to mess with people, they just don't like the map that was picked. In my opinion, the best way to deal with this issue would be to allow people to join during the setup period instead of giving a penalty to those who leave. That way it wouldn't matter if someone leaves, because they can be replaced.
I guess we will see if that's the truth now, because they will know the map ahead of time. Even though that isn't a good excuse in the first place.

The problem with joining in the setup period is, what if you join 1 sec before it starts? You will be standing there clueless, with a slight disadvantage.

30 minutes is extreme. The 2 minute cooldown is enough. Someone doing this to "mess" with people isn't a huge impact. But harsh sentences like half hour cooldowns is completely insensitive to those with bad connections that can drop, or crashy computers as they'd have their entire experience ruined.
Sorry, should have updated the first post to reflect a change in later posts.

30 Mins was a number of the top of my head when I was writing it, and was changed to 10 Minutes. I still have no idea what this "2 minute cooldown" your talking about is. I have never gotten it myself.

Anyways, We can put this idea away for the mean time, as to see if it really does stop now because the people know the map ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci