• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's been a good year MCSG! Happy Holidays and New Year!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
So it’s now been more than a year since I officially came back to MCSG and the MCSG forums. I joined MCSG in late April of 2012 and then joined the forums in early May of the same year, but after a couple months I got interested in another game and became less active in the MCSG community, until December 2012. It’s now been a year since I got back to my state of activity, and though I don’t post nearly as often now I still check my alerts a lot and occasionally visit new threads.

So for the special occasion of the Holidays, the near beginning of the New Year and more than a year since I returned to MCSG, I decided to make a sort of thank you thread :) I’m not leaving yet, and I hope I don’t for another little while, but I thought I ought to make one in honour of the time of year.

Thank you Theoretical. You were the first long lasting friend I met at MCSG. It’s been an entire year since we were in a skype call and we were deciding on a name for a clan, then “Chrome” was randomly suggested so we took it. That was really fun, and then Java afterwards too. Although both of those clans are long gone, we still played together a bunch afterwards. You used to have a somewhat squeaky voice (that I didn’t notice obviously because I had no recollection of it until you showed me that video :p), and now you’ve changed a lot in more aspects than just that. You’re a mod, an avid map builder as a member of Red Forest, and a good friend. I hope my garbage can is one of the best ones you’ve ever lived in <3

Stijn. Though you haven’t been as active lately, I think we became good friends while trying to keep the Last Reply Wins thread alive and good, rather than the spam it has gone down to and stayed at for a long few months now. I left forum games a long time ago, but I still remember how fun it was having conversations in that thread and turning counting to a million different numbers less spammy than it is now. Sadly, you haven’t been nearly as active on the forums as you were back then, but I hope you’re enjoying whatever you’re doing in your real life :)

RC_4777, you and I met on the forums. You started browsing the forums only you know when, but when you made an account on the forums and started posting, you were already in the loop about everything going on which was surprising. You knew who all the active members were, and how to act on our beautiful forums. Eventually, you also gained the reputation of the 1 sentence poster :p At some point, us and some others decided to play together and that was probably one of the most fun times I’ve ever had on MCSG. We started on skype and played a couple games, and we decided to give our first ‘event’ had a special name. RC’s Random Squirrel Night. That sort of lasted 2 weeks, because after that we started playing way more often and this event turned into the Benjamin Religion, created off the jokes of the time. Eventually it reached a point where there were dozens of people in this Skype chat and forum “clan” and we were all friends that hung out all the time. It took a really long time for that chat to die out, but now it’s gone from more than a 1000 skype messages a day to the occasional short discussion of a couple people. You’ve had your on and off periods of inactivity because of your sports and life stuff (silleh noob), but we’ve always had the chance to hang out on skype or TS and have fun playing various games :p Now you’re catching up to me in posts, though you’re still about 3000 posts away, and I expect you’ll eventually pass me :) I hope this friendship continues for a while longer, because I’ve always enjoyed it.

The ‘Random’ in RC and Plg’s Random Capt Squirrel Night (the evolution of RC’s Random Squirrel Night) is TheRandomMan1000. We met on one of Vebbi’s streams back in like early February and we decided that you were blind, and that I’m secretly G33ke :p About a month later when RC posted on my profile asking to play, you asked to join and to put it weirdly, we all hit it off :p Here is the link to the profile post with the extremely long conversation, and the amazing #Hashtagging skills visible at the beginning :) Since then, you’ve introduced me to several games outside of MCSG, mostly using Steam, and though I don’t play them much, I still play other games :p Basically all I said about Benjamin Religion could also go here, but no use saying it twice so just pretend it’s here :p Also, I’ve been less active on skype because my mic is broken and I’ve also been busy with other things so I couldn’t get on as much.

Next is the guy that started a thread because he was lonely in MCSG, Boboaluitz :p You remember our first game a lot more than I do, but I still have vague memories of how we met. Our first game was on breeze island apparently, and I somewhat remember the game happening, just not it being our first game :p Anyways, I think we had seen each other in game, and then you said you were on TS, and then I went on and joined you. We played a bit, and I think the same thing happened the second time we played. Then after that Ginger and I started joining you more often and we played a bunch of games with you and added you on skype :p You sort of joined the Benjamin Religion chat and you were also around to be one of the first members in Team Apollo :) Since then we’ve done countless things that were probably some of the most fun things I’ve ever done in MCSG, which I wouldn’t list all of here to spoil things that the world can’t know about yet. We’ve also created dozens of nicknames for each other, which are for the most part variations of the same thing, but it’s still awesome :p We’ve created 2 variations of the english language, one of which we change all vowels to the letter ‘e’ and the other where we change all vowels to a double ‘o’ (oo, also the song Oofroocoo is amazing). I can’t believe it’s actually been 6 months since we met, because it feels like way less than that, and it’s amazing that we’ve probably been talking on TS for several hours every day (except a few due to vacation/whatever reason). You’re also one of the forummers that I have to respect the most because most of your posts are just so amazing and can see all sides of a discussion. You also rip apart metal with your bare hands (who doesn’t like that? :p) and reintroduced me to Pokemon (I’ve now beaten all of Crystal again except Red). Thank you for being a great friend <3

Some other people I need to thank but don’t have entire paragraphs to say (sorry <3 :p):

Matt_The Dreamer My first british friend that is still a good amigo (Ikanacanyon7 the spanish noob). You're also the best and only dreamer in existence <3

BritishShoop Another british friend, also created #Swarm and the person that plays the most BGO with me <3

Spike11 Twinning <3 Even though you say you left MCSG, you still need to talk to me more often :p

Ginger Started as my creepy stalker (still are) now one of my good canadian friends :p Founder of Team Apollo :) Get your VIP(oop) noob.

Plg21 Helped start the Benjamin Religion, but you have long periods of inactivity :(

qwErtyVAsdfghN Maybe you were kind of annoying at first (<3), but now you’ve grown on me and I consider you to be one of my best friends in MCSG :D

VeeZa We had some fun times back in the day, but we’ve sort of grown apart now :p

Knaala Silleh Knooba :p TS buddies <3 But you still hang out with scareh people too much :(

duckluv321 I can still pretend I started your career at MCSG! I remember when you had less than 100 posts! :p Few (if any) can say the same for me.

marinanycole Marinoob <4 It’s been too long since we talked :p My mic is stooped.

PikachuPro Pikapoo :D You my American Pokemon that is also slightly crazy but that’s ok because everyone is <3

Angryjukebox I’ve uploaded a video for you noob! :p And I helped you make multiple :p You’re definitely my first canadian friend, having met back in like early January :p It’s been nearly a year! :)

SoNotShannon Silleh Shannoob/SoNoobShannon :p You need to do more stuff :p

Lively Probably one of my favourite mods, one of the best writers on the forums, and won me the contest that got me my diamond donor :D

TeamApollo <3 all of you Team Apollo people :D Congratulations on 6 months of Team Apollo :)

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Not my fault though.

Last edited:

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Another thread that's so long, that I'm too lazy to read it all :p

Ginger

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't get a paragraph? Wow, im hurt.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yay, I have a nice large section :cool:

But anyway, I'm really glad we became friends! I hope we can keep having fun for the year to come!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci