• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Islam - The Religion of Peace

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
Disclaimer towards staff: Do not even bother deleting this thread because of "abuse" or because it "offends a group of people". Deleting actual discussions about actual topics (unlike "who is the best player iyo?") only makes the forum feel like a dead place than it already is at this point. If you feel that this thread someone is meant to offend Muslims, feel free to express your opinion in the comments in a mature manner, like everyone else.

Now to the actual topic.

Often times I see on the forums and on the internet after terrorist incidents carried our by Muslims, people who are disgusted by these actions, yet still remind us that those people are not real Muslims, and that Islam is the Religion of Peace. (For example, this thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/islams-situation-with-terrorism-in-general-prayforparis.231662/).

My questions to these people who say those things, and to everyone else in general: What do you categorize a person as a "real Muslim"? Because nowadays it seems that everyone has trillion ways to answer that simple, yet conflicting question. Also regarding the people who keep spamming these hashtags of #IslamIsAReligionOfPeace, what makes you think this way, and do you truly believe so?...

My view on this questions is that a real Muslim is a person who lives his life based on the Quran and who lives his life based on the teaching of that book (both the good and bad ones). And to the question of if Islam is the Religion of Peace, my 2 cents on that topic is if a religion says to use violence towards people who leave Islam, it immediately does not make it a Religion of Peace.

What is your 2 cents on the topic?

Reaction score
Honestly:
A religious person (actually just a person that has a religion, not a DEEP religious person) is just someone who has a good personality and good morals, not a person who follows their holy book. I'm a Christian, and honestly I don't seem to be the best (Based on following that religion's path and book)

Creper_face

Career
Reaction score
I'm going to give you a simple explanation of religion, religion is something that people believe in end of story that simple. Again some people choose to believe and some dont.

EDIT: Also I don't really understand why there are so many people are getting so upset because somebody does not agree with their beliefs and they are willing to go as far as killing other people for it lets take the bible for example why do people follow that book that was made 100s of years ago by some random people that not many people knew and taking it so seriously well christians know the answer to that or do they.

Last edited:

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly:
A religious person (actually just a person that has a religion, not a DEEP religious person) is just someone who has a good personality and good morals, not a person who follows their holy book. I'm a Christian, and honestly I don't seem to be the best (Based on following that religion's path and book)
There are so many errors with your whole premise I'm not even going to start

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Guys can we please not make this a fight about the validity of religion and properly discuss the question?
Thank you.

Now I believe that blaming Islam itself is pretty silly; it's promoting peace, not violent and extreme acts. To me, radical Islam is often confused with Mid-Eastern terrorism, and nobody ever put "take over countries" or "set people on fire" or "behead anyone with different beliefs" or "fly some future, winged invention into two incredibly tall structures" in the Quran.
But I do think we need to take the terrorists in the Middle East much more seriously.

Honestly:
I disagree, considering if religion gave people good personalities and morals, wars wouldn't exist. Some of the time, different religions conflicting each other can start wars. Faith being a good thing is a debate with each side having valid evidence, but only lots and lots of time will tell how that debate ends.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I disagree, considering if religion gave people good personalities and morals, wars wouldn't exist. Some of the time, different religions conflicting each other can start wars. Faith being a good thing is a debate with each side having valid evidence, but only lots and lots of time will tell how that debate ends.
one problem

anyway this entire thread is a flame war so

bad2020

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe that muslims and Islam are very misunderstood. All it takes is a couple of people from any religion to do something wrong and make the entire religion look bad. Even though there are terrible people who are, or at least claim to be, of a specific religion; does not mean that their entire group is bad. Many people are still mad at Germans and Japanese people for their actions in the World War, however most, if not all, of them are not how these people see them.

We all need to remember that even though something bad happens; we should not, at first, blame the group or organization that the person is part of, we should blame the individuals themselves unless the group officially states that they are also involved in the situation.

I believe that we should just remember that there will always be bad people in society, however we must also remember that it is their fault alone that carries the burden of their sins. Let us not take our anger out on their entire group/organization/race.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
Guys can we please not make this a fight about the validity of religion and properly discuss the question?
Thank you.

Now I believe that blaming Islam itself is pretty silly; it's promoting peace, not violent and extreme acts. To me, radical Islam is often confused with Mid-Eastern terrorism, and nobody ever put "take over countries" or "set people on fire" or "behead anyone with different beliefs" or "fly some future, winged invention into two incredibly tall structures" in the Quran.
But I do think we need to take the terrorists in the Middle East much more seriously.
I would like to ask you, how does it promote peace? It's hard to me took at a religion such as Islam as the religion of peace when it has over 100 verses calling Muslims to wage war over non-believers. (link to all the verses: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm).

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with any religion or anyone who doesn't participate in any religion. Every person is different according to beliefs and they should not be discussed, argued about, criticized, or manipulated from stereotypical insults and statements.

Regarding Muslims, they are not what is wrong with terrorism - it is the extremist minority. Not only Muslims have any involvement in modern terrorism, but it is anyone. Anyone can become a extremist minority involved in terrorist attacks. Simply saying Muslims are causing the wrong in the world is one of the most ignorant things I have simply ever heard, when it can be anyone of any religion.

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
meh who knows whether god lives ? Until we die with may/maynot find out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci