• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is SG4 still overplayed?

Do you think SG4 is still overplayed even after MCSGv2?

• Total voters

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
I've been playing on the MCSG servers lately and I've played way too many matches on SG4. I find it crazy, I thought this was fixed in MCSGv2, but nooope! Even after MCSGv2's release, I still see this map being voted. However, I'd like to hear your opinions on the map being overplayed or not. So, do you find it overplayed or not, vote!

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
No, when the new updates came in I haven't noticed it been played that much. But Solar Frost is soooooo overplayed, I hate it. It's an okay map, but I play it way too much.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
No, when the new updates came in I haven't noticed it been played that much. But Solar Frost is soooooo overplayed, I hate it. It's an okay map, but I play it way too much.
Whenever it's not on the last two played maps everyone says "OMG skip for sg4" and I'm all like "no, just no". But that's just me you have your own opinions and I have mine.
I love how you think being overplayed makes it bad, yes it is overplayed, but it's a very good map >.>
I never said it was bad, I just said it was overplayed.

Venesstion

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah, it's overplayed. It's also a really good map, one of my favorites.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been playing on the MCSG servers lately and I've played way too many matches on SG4. I find it crazy, I thought this was fixed in MCSGv2, but nooope! Even after MCSGv2's release, I still see this map being voted. However, I'd like to hear your opinions on the map being overplayed or not. So, do you find it overplayed or not, vote!
We can fix bugs, but we can't fix the community.
The new voting system in v2 is simply a workaround - in v1, there'd be many servers where every server would be on SG4 or Breeze; now, there's a "map voting cooldown" of 2 maps, so other maps get played a bit more often.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think it's fine. Over the last 10 rounds I've played, 3 were sg 4, 3 were drybone, 2 were sg 2, 1 was fortress pyke, and 1 was ancient japan.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think there are two reasons why SG 4 is played so much. 1: Because it is such an amazing map that the majority of people never get bored of it. 2: It is an easy map as well. There are a lot of noobs (no offence) who play SG and know SG 4 very well and always vote for it because they have a better chance of winning it since it is an easy map. I am both, but I do understand why some people get bored of it. Such as the pros who get bored of easy and overplayed maps and want to play more challenging and less played maps.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
Not anymore. With the new maps, everyone wants to play Holiday Resort, Valleyside University, and the Winter and Hell Breeze Islands...
Theyre all better than SG4, I'm glad SG4 isn't as overplayed as it was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci