• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCSG Dying?

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I believe that MCSG is changing, not dying, or at least the MCSG you remember is dying.

I do not mean to be rude, but there is many threads made on this topic which simply stand by and criticise the community, yet no action is ever taken about it. For an example, imagine if a group of people are waiting at a bus stop when they see a elder fall in the street. Instead of helping, a couple people stand there and moan at the others to go help, or criticise how they are helping them up when they are simply sitting back. I understand some of these 'issues' you claim are the cause of the downfall of MCSG are only solvable by management decisions, however making another thread on this topic isn't really helping.

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Another pointless thread in my opinion. This is a video game, just play the game and have fun. If you're not having fun, do something that is. Enjoy it while you can, and stop being little brats and quit complaining over every little thing that isn't what you like.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see much eZ wrecked anymore, just lots of teams of 4-8 and a few hackers, the only thing that really pisses me off are targeters.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
You r the soul reason I cry myself to sleep.
Please read your run on sentence, and see if you can find a valid point?
I know we are a community, I believe you could have inferred that, from me calling it a block game community. I'm saying if you let someone saying something a minecraft chat get to you, you should stay away from people, bleach and ropes.
You know who you are starting to sound like? Darkrai. He's forum banned.

Why do I constantly see you stating how stupid and pointless this game is? Your are like someone who goes to a chess club and then complains about how stupid chess is, while throwing tomatoes at kids trying to enjoy some chess. After, all, chess is just "a square game." (It's also the most played game of all time.) But games aren't little things. Games make life fun and they prepare us for real life challenges. Some people have shaped their entire lives around playing chess, and it is their reality. If people want to sit down and play a game, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, life is a game. It fits every definition of a game; it just has really good graphics. This video explains it all.
People have a right to be concerned about a community, even if it is made of pixels. Indeed people shouldn't take events here too seriously, but MCG has real meaning to some people. If you have friends here, then you also have enemies. If you love MCG, then you will be sad if it is taken away.

So stop going around telling people that everything they do here is worthless. MCG is a real part of people's lives, and we are attached to it. It is part of a real global market, with consequences that affect history just like anything else.

And please, never joke about suicide like that again. You will regret it.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score

Why do I constantly see you stating how stupid and pointless this game is? Your are like someone who goes to a chess club and then complains about how stupid chess is, while throwing tomatoes at kids trying to enjoy some chess. After, all, chess is just "a square game." (It's also the most played game of all time.) But games aren't little things. Games make life fun and they prepare us for real life challenges. Some people have shaped their entire lives around playing chess, and it is their reality. If people want to sit down and play a game, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, life is a game. It fits every definition of a game; it just has really good graphics. This video explains it all.
People have a right to be concerned about a community, even if it is made of pixels. Indeed people shouldn't take events here too seriously, but MCG has real meaning to some people. If you have friends here, then you also have enemies. If you love MCG, then you will be sad if it is taken away.

So stop going around telling people that everything they do here is worthless. MCG is a real part of people's lives, and we are attached to it. It is part of a real global market, with consequences that affect history just like anything else.

Would this not have been better as a pm?
K so I'm not saying there is something wrong with playing the game, if you would kindly read that post, I said the exact thing as this:
Another pointless thread in my opinion. This is a video game, just play the game and have fun. If you're not having fun, do something that is. Enjoy it while you can, and stop being little brats and quit complaining over every little thing that isn't what you like.
You liked that post, so are you not going against what you said yourself?
What I was saying was that; You play the game for fun, it's a pretty simple game, why complicated by taking what people say in the chat to heart.
Actually what I'm doing is more like going to a chess club and shooting down some kid who thinks that the handshakes are beginning to be too short.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. I do not think mcsg is dying, i think the community is just changing.

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Would this not have been better as a pm?
K so I'm not saying there is something wrong with playing the game, if you would kindly read that post, I said the exact thing as this:
What is your definition of "exact"?? The way you presented your thoughts was abraceive and arrogant. Two quallitys that are not appreciated in the real word, let alone the forums.

Next time you want to get your thoughts and ideas heard and not laughed at. You might want to avoid; bashing an individual for every little thing, use a writing style that doesn't come across as arrogant and most importantly don't tell someone to kill them self. Like how old are you? Grow up.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Really, I think MCSG as a whole is not dying. Some things are changing, as said, but not dying.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I have basically left mcsg but I prefer to hop on the forums once and a while

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It does seem that a lot of people have been quitting MCGamer, however there are still legitimate players that keep on coming to the server, the community is quite vast and still growing, asides from the fact that there are hackers, disrespectful people, there are still plenty of people around who are decent. Also, I think they have set up a banning system in-case it detects suspicious activity from players, and there are more hackers getting banned now. Although that is still an ongoing issue, it would've been much more worse without the help of the great staff team we have. Also, with disrespectful people, yes, that does tend to be an issue, and sometimes gets way too out of hand. But with that in mind, it is easier to collect evidence of them, as it only requires one screenshot of what they say, and then it can just simply be posted in the report abuse section, and the moderators are able to handle that. However, I have noticed quite a decrease of players in Creative gamemode recently, up to at less than 90 a day. This could be because of my odd time-zone, otherwise it seems odd that there aren't as many people. To conclusion, the server is still growing, change takes time as well, but I do not wish to think that MCGamer is dying, I do however, respect your opinion towards your inferences about MCGamer, yet I have my opinions, may the best come for the community. :)

XxBenchWarmerxX

Experienced
Reaction score

im sure darkrai is proud that he caused the staff of a block game to h8 him so much to ban him off the forums for saying dave killed huahwi

=')

ExtoVipe

Tribute
Reaction score
NO MCGS will never DIE #MCSGFTW, but seriously no I don't think MCSG is dying, its the only server that actually Great Survival Games yeah there is lag but that's once in a while but MCSG will never Die...........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci