• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Iron Fist Glitch - Stop making threads about it!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
As we all know, there has been a glitch going around where people are able to hit people and do the damage of a sword to easily kill people at the beginning of the game. Everyday, several threads pop up on the subject and we have to keep explaining the same thing over and over again to the makers of the threads. Here I'll explain everything I know about what is going on with the glitch, so hopefully this will prevent further 'spam' on this topic.
Note: I may not have all the information, and it may not all be correct, but this is what I understand. Feel free to add on in the comments and I will add it to the thread as soon as I can :)

The fist glitch generally happens in the lobby using the iron swords and then doing a special trick (I guess we can call it that) to make it so you can still have the damage of the iron sword when the actual game starts, except you will be punching people with your fists.

This is a Minecraft glitch, that Mojang has to fix, and not MCSG. If you're now thinking that to solve the issue we can simply remove the iron swords, it's not as simple as that. During the Developer Q & A, the developers informed us that there was another method of abusing this glitch without any need for weaponry. If the swords are removed from the lobby, that's one less thing for you to do while you're waiting and people will then find out how to abuse this other method of performing the fist glitch.

The glitch will remain until either a full solution to the problem is discovered, or until Mojang fixes it themselves. Hopefully that will be sometime soon, but we just have to be patient until that day comes. Until then, you can do your part by reporting abusers of the fist glitch. I don't know what the proper method to do this is, so hopefully someone can help me out there :)

Also, I put this thread here because most of the complaints seem to be either here or in the General Support section. I figured this was a good place to get newcomers' attention on the subject.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd say remove the lobby swords. It couldn't take that long, and it'll stop most of the fist abusers for a while at least.

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd say remove the lobby swords. It couldn't take that long, and it'll stop most of the fist abusers for a while at least.
Exactly.

Sure, the actual glitch itself is an error with MC, but removing the swords from lobby will stop 99.9% of glitchers until a fix to the code is made.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh god thank you! The amount of freaking threads about the fist glitch...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Exactly.

Sure, the actual glitch itself is an error with MC, but removing the swords from lobby will stop 99.9% of glitchers until a fix to the code is made.
Like I explained in my thread, that won't help because they will just learn how to do it another way. Would you rather get used to them not being there for a few days and then have them just come back?

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
Like I explained in my thread, that won't help because they will just learn how to do it another way. Would you rather get used to them not being there for a few days and then have them just come back?
Unless every 12 year old fist glitcher has 5 years of extensive Java coding experience they won't find another way. It's a moot point anyway, as iron swords were removed from game lobbies as of yesterday.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I find it really annoying with threads like that. I say the same thing.... :/

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Unless every 12 year old fist glitcher has 5 years of extensive Java coding experience they won't find another way. It's a moot point anyway, as iron swords were removed from game lobbies as of yesterday.
Well this thread was made before yesterday. And it can't be that hard if other people have discovered it. It will eventually get passed on.

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
Well this thread was made before yesterday. And it can't be that hard if other people have discovered it. It will eventually get passed on.
Finding an exploit and actually CODING and exploit are two VERY different things. Right now there is no other known way to exploit the fist glitch, so like I said before, MSCG will be without fist glitch now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci