• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Increasing FPS - For Mac Users!

Reaction score
I felt that this thread was needed for us Mac users.
Here is a simple guide to increase your FPS!

#1. I highly suggest getting Optifine.
Optifine is a mod (allowed on the MSG servers) that can allow you to zoom in by holding down 'control'
You can also have more options to higher render distances if your computer can handle that.
#2. I would say this is one of your last resorts if you really want to have at least 5-10 fps gained. This website, down below has plenty of simple texture packs that'll boost your games FPS.
http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/simplistic/
#3. Your render distance is one of the main things that can cause your game to lag. I suggest (with your optifine on) to keep your render distance around 5-10 depending on what works best for you. If you decide to download optifine, you can use your zoom instead of higher render distance for finding more players.
#4. Once you've done all this and
you're still getting some FPS drops from time to time, I suggest clicking esc. whilst in Minecraft, Video Settings, and then at the top right you'll see max frame rate. You need to put it down to half way, go back in-game, then go back into it and choose unlimited. This helps me by removing some little lag spikes.
#5.
Don't have other applications open that you aren't using! This has a major impact in your FPS. For example, sometimes play minecraft while rendering videos, I'm obviously going to go down to up to 20 FPS. Or having photoshop/cinema 4d open while playing.
#6. Add more ram into your minecraft! (video below explains to you how.)

Please comment below any tips of how to get better FPS in the replies and I'll add it to the list!

Hopefully this helped you! Have a great day! ^-^

-Alexis

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I don't really see how this is for mac users o.o As far as I can see, only one of the two is really "mac-specific" although I haven't actually watched them both.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't really see how this is for mac users o.o
Mac is way different then a PC, the tutorials and the way it works is all for mac on here. Most of the things that PC users have Mac users can't do. These are most of the things that Mac users can do to reduce their lag. It was also suggested by a couple users in Donnie's thread, so I decided to do it.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Everything you said is common knowlege And logical for almost everyone who plays minecraft. But it was nice to tell the new players. Also you dont need to hold control you can customize it to your own preference which is the best thing to do. Just go to controls.

Reaction score
Everything you said is common knowlege And logical for almost everyone who plays minecraft. But it was nice to tell the new players. Also you dont need to hold control you can customize it to your own preference which is the best thing to do. Just go to controls.
I am hoping to keep this up for suggestions from others so I can add it to the list. Says at the bottom ^

Sterbern

Iron
Reaction score
ill make these easier, step one on how to increase fps on a mac
Throwaway mac, Build pc, Youll get all da fps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci