• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiblomina

Spectator
Reaction score
It's no secret that many of the servers are plagued by spammers who aim to advertise or just flat out annoy people. If possible, it'd be nice if some sort of "/ignore <player>" command were added so that the chat would become usable again.

qqopp

Experienced
Reaction score
Either that, or we have more moderators monitoring the servers. Tho' we have many moderators on staff, it seems that they've limited themselves to only a few servers. I'd love to see more moderators added, only to specific servers. On other servers they would be regular members, but on a specific server would be moderated. This would allow for better splitting of moderators so we can actually control the amount of spam/flaming/swearing in the servers. Sure, an addition of /ignore would be great, but it would be better if we didn't have to see the spam at all!

Hiblomina

Spectator
Reaction score
Well if more moderators are needed, I'd be glad to help out. Is there some way to sign up?

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Either that, or we have more moderators monitoring the servers. Tho' we have many moderators on staff, it seems that they've limited themselves to only a few servers. I'd love to see more moderators added, only to specific servers. On other servers they would be regular members, but on a specific server would be moderated. This would allow for better splitting of moderators so we can actually control the amount of spam/flaming/swearing in the servers. Sure, an addition of /ignore would be great, but it would be better if we didn't have to see the spam at all!
Being a Moderator, i can guarentee you that we dont hide on the same few servers all the time. Not all moderators can be everywhere all at once.

My suggestion to this problem, is to send in abuse reports (screenshots for spam and videos for hackers) to help the Moderators help you! :)

Hiblomina

Spectator
Reaction score
Being a Moderator, i can guarentee you that we dont hide on the same few servers all the time. Not all moderators can be everywhere all at once.

My suggestion to this problem, is to send in abuse reports (screenshots for spam and videos for hackers) to help the Moderators help you! :)
Where do we go to send in abuse reports?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Thanks for the info though.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Where do we go to send in abuse reports?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Thanks for the info though.
There are a few players who actually are doing their own mini series on catching specific A-list hackers (AKA players who are in the top 100). My favorite one is Hacker Hunters by Generation2012 :)

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
But the ignore button isn't a bad idea, its actually one of the few good suggestions.
Also make a screeny before you ignore someone.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea of the ignore command. Why make a screeny before ignoring someone though?
I also agree that we need more mods though. I never see any mods anymore and when I do they all leave as soon as they die, and often that very game I die to someone hacking.
Anyways, an ignore command would be extremely useful. I have noticed that there are many less spammers and such now, but they still exist. SUPPORTING IDEA :)

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I like the idea of the ignore command. Why make a screeny before ignoring someone though?
I also agree that we need more mods though. I never see any mods anymore and when I do they all leave as soon as they die, and often that very game I die to someone hacking.
Anyways, an ignore command would be extremely useful. I have noticed that there are many less spammers and such now, but they still exist. SUPPORTING IDEA :)
Because spammers should still be reported. ><

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok fine. I thought that, but I figured... Actually I don't know why I even said that..

Maybe an addition:
If someone gets ignored more than 7 times (12 on a 48 player server) all the moderators get a poke (somewhere, somehow).
I know you could just say "Everyone do /ignore on jimmythespammer!" but I don't believe saying this will attract many more ignorers. And either way, it's just a poke for the mods.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
No then they will have the chance to abuse the kick feature. :eek: Thats how these little american kids are.
Oh, maybe when a player gets ignored by 10+ people the moderators should get a poke that someone might be spamming.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I thought of that, but how would that work? Would the poke be on the forums? And would all the moderators get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci