• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Idea] MC Gamer Server - The Walls

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello world,

It's good to be back on the MCSG forums since my internet crashed for a week (o_O)! But the reason I created this thread is to suggest a new game mode that would, I think, be a really fun addition to MC Gamer.

This idea was brought up around a year ago and apparently was actually being programmed by the developers, but it never seemed to finish and the project just vanished, so I think it would be great to have this! I looked up on how this is played and "adjusted" it so it would be a lot more fun and challenging. Below is how the rules would be set up:

General Rules
Once enough players (12) join a lobby, they will be categorized into four teams:
-
Red
-Yellow
-Green
-Blue
The "arena", or map, is a 200 x 200 square, with a huge wall dividing the arena into four sides. As you may guess, the four sides are reserved for the four teams. Each team has fifteen minutes to collect resources around them (The arena would be set on natural terrain, such as a Survival Games 1 sort-of arena) to create armor, tools, and weapons to fight with. Because the game is set in adventure mode, blocks cannot be broken unless with the proper tools (each person starts out with a wooden shovel, sword, pickaxe, and axe.)

Scattered around the map will be the following different ores that can be mined:
-
Coal [Common]
-
Iron [Less Common]
-
Gold [Uncommon]
-
Redstone [Rare]
-
Diamonds [Extremely Rare]
With your resources can you mine these ores that can be used to smelt, create traps, and craft armor and weapons. After an ore is mined, it will turn into gray wool for a period of time, before it turns back into that ore. The less common the ore, the more time it will take to turn back. As an example of what this would look like, coal would take 15 seconds to respawn, as diamonds would take 1 1/2 minutes. Each team can do whatever they want except building (to avoid towering and crazy defense). The only things that can be placed include enchanting tables, crafting tables, furnaces, etc.

After the fifteen minutes ends, the console will choose one of the players from each team to be the Commander. The commander is the most important part of the game, because when the walls fall down and each side can attack, the commander is vulnerable. If he gets killed, the team will loose the match. Once a team looses a match, all players on that team cannot respawn if they die after the commander is killed. The last remaining team wins.

After there are three people left from each side, they will spawn in a deathmatch arena and fight to the death, so that matches won't last a long time. After a team wins, the server restarts! Simple as that.

I want to hear feedback on this! Is it good, bad? Is there a way I could improve/change it? Thanks for reading!

-Spice

Usmodlover

Survivor
Reaction score
First! I think its an amazing idea!

Dang it Spice, you forgot to add a poll.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes please!Adds more flavor! Hypixel may have this but he still allows it on other servers unlike Vareide :C

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Also have it so they can choose there team
That is still un-decided. I sort-of based some of the features off of Annihilation, a gamemode from the Shotbow Network, involving nexuses and stuff. :p Choosing teames was one of the things you could do in Annihilation.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is still un-decided. I sort-of based some of the features off of Annihilation, a gamemode from the Shotbow Network, involving nexuses and stuff. :p Choosing teames was one of the things you could do in Annihilation.
It would just be easier to play with friends

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
One of my dreams is to be an MCSG Developer. Perhaps -- and I'm not joking -- If I can learn bukkit and mc Java code even faster, I can be the head developer for this.

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score
One of my dreams is to be an MCSG Developer. Perhaps -- and I'm not joking -- If I can learn bukkit and mc Java code even faster, I can be the head developer for this.
This would be cool for sure. Team choosing could be a donor perk, rather than everybody being able to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci