• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I was part of the crew that was on at crash of mcsg5 last night

johnnywalkerblue

Spectator
Reaction score
And I have to say, whats going on?

These servers are reliable. I mean RELIABLE. It was always on. Lately things have been flakey and laggy and broken. I expect that a week or two after the release of the upgrade but at this point? When can we expect the servers to be "back to normal".

Some other players might come in and support my argument here.

Thanks and best regards,
-Dan

Habberz

Experienced
Reaction score
It's not there fault. With the release of 1.3, bukkit is real screwy. It's not easy, I used to code, every new version, it wasn't easy, and then this MASSIVE update. Idk if you remember, but when 1.8 came oute, it was like this, bukkit was real screwy then, after a while, it was better. Dw.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
THere have been RAM issues. I believe they will be upgrading RAM but this isn't free. They have been trying to make the plugin use less RAM, all you can do is wait.

C

clankstar

I understand your point, but let me tell you our side of this:
  • We had to spend about 2 weeks figuring out how to make people visible to each other after cross-world teleportation (other servers are STILL struggling with this)
  • Bukkit 1.3 is still unstable as ***
  • RAM requirements shot up on 1.3, and you can't really re-setup a whole network of 70 servers (about 10 psychical servers) in a short amount of time
In short: Bukkit and minecraft have become much more unreliable for automated servers. Believe me, we are doing our best, but for a lot of things we are relying on Bukkit. If the heart of a server does not work as intended, you can only fix so much with extensions to it.

johnnywalkerblue

Spectator
Reaction score
I understand your point, but let me tell you our side of this:
  • We had to spend about 2 weeks figuring out how to make people visible to each other after cross-world teleportation (other servers are STILL struggling with this)
  • Bukkit 1.3 is still unstable as ***
  • RAM requirements shot up on 1.3, and you can't really re-setup a whole network of 70 servers (about 10 psychical servers) in a short amount of time
In short: Bukkit and minecraft have become much more unreliable for automated servers. Believe me, we are doing our best, but for a lot of things we are relying on Bukkit. If the heart of a server does not work as intended, you can only fix so much with extensions to it.

Thanks for this reply and also to James D's response from earlier. I think I speak for most of the MCSG players when I say that we really appreciate the work the staff is doing. I was a little cranky the evening that I posted this because two wins were lost at the end of the game due to the game literally freezing right after the start of the deathmatch.

Sorry to have come off as a jerk with my above comment.

Keep up the great work and I plan on becoming a regular donator as soon as possible

-johnny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci