• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I know there's others, but I'm working on a desert map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm pretty much working on this by myself, but progress has been surprisingly quick. I expect to be done in a few weeks :D

Now with images in default! Sadly most of them are too large and I need to be up for university in a few hours so I'm not going to go back and take more...

2012-05-31_00.16.54.png
2012-05-31_00.19.08.png

2012-05-14_23.57.44.png

The Cornucopia

2012-05-14_23.52.46.png

A contestant's salvation...

2012-05-14_23.55.27.png

Seas come in many varieties...

2012-05-14_23.56.26.png

But always remember, the Gamemakers want you dead...

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
The server is pretty strict in terms of how many members we have whitelisted and we'd rather not be adding more sorry :(

Thanks for the offer. If I ever manage to start an arena project on a server of my own I'll be happy to have you help :)

SilentMrDave

Tribute
Reaction score
Looks interesting. The line of sights are very far and wide. This would definitely good for faster paced games since you could easily spot other from a distance. Good luck on finishing it :)

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
I have very little left to do on this map now... I have to finish off some tree planting, do one last piece of landscaping, build the enormous town and sort out the terrain outside the arena. Expect the map in a few weeks. Video coming soon...

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
We've had some issues with our server host and though we'll be with them long enough to finish this map (hopefully) their servers are down half the time and it's difficult to make progress. Nonetheless, the town has been started. So far only some basic buildings and a small market have been built but it will include a second larger marketplace, a set of slums and a mosque (which is being planned as we, or rather I, speak). Possible additions are a hippodrome, an observatory (unlikely), a university and a library.

Also, because of the server outages I haven't been able to shoot the promo video as I would like to have a more complete town in it.

PinguAngry

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey cool! :) I'm working on one too haha, but yours is looking awesome! Did you place the dunes yourself? Or did you simply mc edit them in? :)

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
The terrain features are edited in. The server is shutting down completely now so I have little hope of getting help on finishing it (which is a mighty pain) and I'll be finishing it single-handedly in SSP, which will take a few weeks.

On the note of having a pyramid. I had built a pyramid but frankly I don;t like the notion that 'all deserts must have pyramids' and realised that, for me, a pyramid would just be a space filler. I decided, then, to challenge myself by not having a pyramid. If I submit it and it the lack of pyramid is an issue then I can add one in but for now there will be none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci