• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Hungry Hills

Greypawz

Survivor
Reaction score
this looks like a great map. I'll look forward to playing it as SG 4!

Ralph_Plumber

Tribute
Reaction score
First of all, i would like to respect the amount of voxel work put into this map. Its huge and must have taken forever. However, you guys got a little bit too lazy with the voxel because it is EXTREMELY obvious in many places; almost everywhere. not to say that that matters, because most players do not understand the presence of voxel anyways. My other complaint that this map is wayyyy too big. Even too big for 48, just forget 24. I am thinking 120 though. The last thing is that there is not nearly enough chests for a map this big. You could not know any chests and travel for an hour without being able to sustain your hunger. So just some balancing issues, and yeah, you guys did a great job. I especially like how you put the corn on top of the archway. P.S lag may be an issue for some players.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First of all, i would like to respect the amount of voxel work put into this map. Its huge and must have taken forever. However, you guys got a little bit too lazy with the voxel because it is EXTREMELY obvious in many places; almost everywhere. not to say that that matters, because most players do not understand the presence of voxel anyways. My other complaint that this map is wayyyy too big. Even too big for 48, just forget 24. I am thinking 120 though. The last thing is that there is not nearly enough chests for a map this big. You could not know any chests and travel for an hour without being able to sustain your hunger. So just some balancing issues, and yeah, you guys did a great job. I especially like how you put the corn on top of the archway. P.S lag may be an issue for some players.
Erm, i would have to disagree with you. I can recognise voxel sniper anyway, and I think it is very well done, and its quite a realistic terrain (apart from the massive arches, which are awesome anyway). And i'd say the map size is perfect, and with fairly open terrain finding other players shouldn't be too much of a challenge. And if you have a decent search over the map and not just fly around looking around for chests right out in the open and obvious, you'll find that there are quite a few chests. 90 chests/quarter is a pretty good amount in my opinion, and if you think that this isn't enough and that you'll most likely starve, then you're obviously a complete noob.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
If this is a 24 slot map then it is kinda big and can lead to noobs camping out.
If its a 48 its a good size map as has plenty of room to move but the obvious advantage of the cornocopia will draw people together for conflict.

gammarik

Survivor
Reaction score
GOD Thats some amazing building skills you have there :O Very creative use of blocks too! I would never have thought about using rails and yellow wool for hay xD This is amazing! Did you know that Vareide is looking for builders for SG4? I think that you should apply ;) http://teamvareide.com/

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
GOD Thats some amazing building skills you have there :O Very creative use of blocks too! I would never have thought about using rails and yellow wool for hay xD This is amazing! Did you know that Vareide is looking for builders for SG4? I think that you should apply ;) http://teamvareide.com/
Meh, I don't have the time. I have too much going on right now. Along with other projects I am working on. Thanks for letting me know though.

RadioactivFly

Survivor
Reaction score
Is there a version for servers that start the Games manually (with a lever and pistons, like Vareide's original maps)? I prefer to start the Games manually instead of having a plugin do it.

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No, but its a better map than rolling hills (stupid ovious rip-off of this amazing map doesn't even desrive your recent comment).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci