• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hub Suggestion - Friend System

Like the suggestion?

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
We could have something like a combination of that which is on Hypixel's server (you add a friend and if you have players off, you can still see friends) and the buddy system on teamspeak.

So in the hub, you can turn people off (which should be set off by default if that's how it was when you were last in the hub :p It's definitely possible). I think it would be cool if you could see when a friend joins the server and see them even when your players are off. Also, maybe in addition if it's possible, you could change what their name is for you (like you could change the Half_Squirrel of my name to see it as Half for yourself).

For example, I'm in the hub, and I friend @Spike11 . She proceeds to join the hub and come to the Survival Games are where I am.
I see in the chat 'Spike has joined the hub' and then, though I have players off, I see spike run up through the entrance and proceed to join a server. Also, since I changed her name (on my screen), to Spike, it says Spike when she runs through the entrance and when she joins the server.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
@Lively had a point about what he said. Maybe their could be a command called "No Friend where you allow No one to friend you, this way VIP's and famous people aren't prone to targeting in the hub or "Disappear" Where you're there, but no one can see that you're actually there. These Might Fix a couple dilemmas but still a great idea

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Not bad, but it could increase targeting.
True. Maybe make it so that you have to send a request and have it accepted?
@Lively had a point about what he said. Maybe their could be a command called "No Friend where you allow No one to friend you, this way VIP's and famous people aren't prone to targeting in the hub or "Disappear" Where you're there, but no one can see that you're actually there. These Might Fix a couple dilemmas but still a great idea
I think RC's idea is better :p
That's the way they have it on Hypixel, and I agree a request system would be a lot better :p I'll add that to the thread.
You got bossed around by spike and she made you do it xD
Pfft. I sort of suggested it, spike agreed and told me to make a thread :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci